Monaco

G

Went to Nice/Monaco/Cannes at the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see some really manky old tubs moored in Monaco Port. Gives me hope! Almost tempted to trailer my old tub down there and just pootle about for a week.

At the other end of the scale those bleedin' great gin palaces are an absolute farce! Brand spanking not-so-mini-crusiers (same price as a small hospital) with tenders bigger than my boat being polished by the full time crew while the owner's probably forgotten he's even got a boat. Absolute waste of money.

There! I've said it.

paulineb

Visit site
It's not nice to comment on how people should or should not spend their money - hard earned or otherwise.

If I had the money, I would buy a boat the size of a LARGE hospital and have it moored in SoF, and a second and third in the West Indies and Australia. All complete the full crew and chauffeur-driven cars waiting at each of the ports to meet my private gulf-stream jet as and when I fly in to spend some time on one of my boats.

There, I've said it !!

Pxx

BarryD

Visit site
The trick would be to take a small cheapie trailor powerboat down float it for the season and then charge a grand or so a week to go out and play on it. MVII is available for anyone who want to do this .... flat charge plus Xs of course.

I should point out however that when I offered her as a tender to Diana (TCM) the screams of laughter were audiable for about 30 miles...

Barry D

tcm

Visit site
Re: not so daft

Good idea - MVII an ideal size for Port Inland at La Napoule, closer in time from Luton to Nice than chichester, cheap dry berthing (they stackem up with massive forklifts) and loads of lovely places to go, nice flat water most of the time, and you can jump in and and and

and it's more than a grand a week too, mvII wd be um ohwell a agrand a week wd be quite a decent rate, pay for the berthing if you lettem have it in june for a week and no radar or any other crap needed like tide table that 's another 30 quid a year saved, and no radio licence, and no cold, so no expensive weather gear needed

tcm

Visit site
Re: dream adjustment service

You have a brace of ferraris in the boat, and helicopter from the airport. Not cheapy limo's like the slappers at Ascot.

Also, it's a Gulfstream, no hyphen.

There, I'm sure modom will find the dream a little more enjoyable.

BarryD

Visit site
Ouch Mr Holiic...

The vageries of the UK WX system are not mine of the making, I try and become a mere shadow of your ability but am beaten by hydrographic pressure and wet stuff everywhere I turn.

Barry D

G

Re: Falcon 71 ?

Hi Mrs Harper just wondered why the 71 after Falcon ?

cneighbour

coliholic

Visit site

The year she was born?

The length of her boat?

The age of her husband?

One of 'em's gonna be right.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by coliholic on Wed Feb 13 21:09:52 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

tcm

Visit site
Re: old tubs in Monaco

They're building a new jetty off Monaco. It'll be made of concrete and towed up from Gibraltar sometiome later in the year, 400m long when in place and shielding what is currently a quite hopeless port unless monster ship which doesn't roll when the swell turns up . 400 cars will somehow be able to park inside the jetty thing, bigger than sevral aircraft carriers. And lots more mooring space...

So, they'll sell the mooring spaces to 50m boats at $1m+ a pop (no euros for big transactions, merci) to megaboats way beyond the reach of poverty-sticken f1 drivers and owners with their sub-35metre dayboats.

But the biggies will turn up for the GP and then bog off somewhere else from late summer cos the crew can't afford even a sandwich an keep getting picked up by the local cops. But the big boats won't release the space cos they don't need the money, so that i'll go in again in late august when the place has about 1km of empty pontoon but the vhf says it's all "full". Gits.

Ahem, mebbe the old tubs were construction boat types?

Falcon71

Visit site

I can't remember now, it's got all over the place and I can't get rid of it. I think it got confused with my personal address. I did try to lose it, but someone else already has Falcon, then Kim and I got confused for a few days so I couldn't gain access, lots of e-mails later I'm back.

And no it's not my age or bust size either, actually getting my tape measure out I'd have to be a serious anorexic in Sterling rather than foreign, and unable to move from my seat if Sterling rather than foreign.

I shouldn't be telling you all this, it ruins my aura of mystery.

Anyway, hasn't anyone got a GB for him to come and play with before we go away, he'd/we'd be ever so careful.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: dream adjustment service

gulfstream( no hypen). Naa thanks. A nice Piaggo avanti on the ramp that is style. not just another me too jet.Classy machine fast. and economical to run when its your own money thays being spend.Real eyecandy.