Mobos on Sydney Harbour.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
How big are they. You really get a real sense of just how big they are againt the Opera House.

Nice post your bored too then.

Very busy actually. I get the Sydney Morning Herald every morning by email and the story attracted my attention.

The pictures certainly give you a sense of scale.

Andrew38

Visit site
I'm writing this from the Diamond Princess (2,550pax & 1100 crew) which is currently between Hong Kong & Taiwan. We were in Sydney at the beginning of the month and I have to say that it was the most incredible experience. Our cabin is just below the bridge and to see the Opera House glide by your balcony twice in one day is just amazing.

Well worth whatever the mooring fees are....

Next stops Japan, Shanghai & Beijing! Tough but someone's got to do it!

AndieMac

Visit site
An impressive sight in the harbour, but a bit of a squeeze in a relatively narrow waterway.
The news last night said the only other time the original QM and QE were in the harbour together they were loading troops, 70 years ago, off to the various theatres of war.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
An impressive sight in the harbour, but a bit of a squeeze in a relatively narrow waterway.
The news last night said the only other time the original QM and QE were in the harbour together they were loading troops, 70 years ago, off to the various theatres of war.

3791371096_78395ec651_z.jpg

Lizzie in Sydney.

3791361624_da703d0af7_z.jpg

Mary in Sydney.

There were two Queens in Sydney a couple of years ago.

Yes, here you go, this was posted on this blog in January 2009.

queens_in_sydney_harbour.jpg

Note all the leisure boats corralled in Farm Cove.

AndieMac

Visit site
Major Catastrophe;2847300[IMG said:
http://mysydneyparislife.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/queens_in_sydney_harbour.jpg?w=468&h=294[/IMG]

Thats a good pic Major.

Of course the picture of the two cruising queens on the harbour could lead on to a crass comment regarding the queens just over to the left of the picture in Oxford Street...:D