Missing Yacht Latest

ajc

Visit site
Just before Xmas ( remember that) I posted a help note to find my missing yacht. Actually first note was probably Nov. Well some very helpful guys from the Hampshire Marine Unit noticed a blip on their sonar, a few days later with better weather they encountered a Navy Diving Unit on exercise who gladly went down to take a peep and hey presto! my yacht Hilary Joyce. The divers apparently offered to go get some air bags and raise her but marine law being what it is were stopped from doing so. You have to have the owners permission to raise a craft.

It was arranged to get her raised and taken to Port Solent for assesment, Insurers say she should be salvageable, theYard say unlikely. As Port Solent is closed at present we cannot raise her so on the bottom she sits! So much for four years restoration.

Norman_E

Visit site
Sorry to hear she is still on the bottom, but dont give up hope. Press the insurers hard either to fully restore, or pay out full value, whichever you want.
Was she stolen and sunk, or go down at her mooring?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Glad to read that the riddle is partly solved, in that you know where she is. Hopefully you can work out what happened.

You didn;t say whether she is at or close to your mooring or moved somewhere else. If at the mooring, what has happened to the lines?