Milford Haven

bpbpbp

Visit site
On my round Britain( yeah, I know, through the Cally canal) trip my young grandson asked that I sent a postcard from every stop, so his class could log where I was & the teacher could plot the course on the class map. They would then have a little discussion about each place.-- They were too young to tell them that Scarborough's bogs were the scankiest in the UK :unsure: ;)
Milford Haven was the only place I could not get a post card. The newsagent said, " Who on earth would want to come here & tell their friends anyway" :cry:
I love Welsh humour, even when unintended.

Seastoke

Visit site
When I visited ,I was welcomed by tico, but I had to supply the beer , I thought it was the jocks who were tight.

bpbpbp

Visit site
Interesting to hear your opinions on MH marina and sailing the area.

My house is on the market and I've been looking at properties in Pembrokeshire as it's beautiful, quiet, and you get better value than in South Devon - my budget is around 300k. Also interested in future adventures as a Milford Haven liveaboard, one of the few places I've seen publicly advertise such moorings.

I went to high school in Cardiff although I'm unfortunately not Welsh and therefore ashamed and in need of therapy for the rest of my life. That said, I have a huge soft spot for Wales and the Welsh. My first (and last?) wife was Welsh and even she was arrrrite mate.

WoodyP

Visit site
I love the area as an incomer. Sailing up the two Rivers ( Aberdaugleddau) is an alternative to going outside if it is a bit rougher.. The Marina is ok and good local facilities, but it is a long way away from anywhere. You need to be local, or on passage.

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
On my round Britain( yeah, I know, through the Cally canal) trip my young grandson asked that I sent a postcard from every stop, so his class could log where I was & the teacher could plot the course on the class map. They would then have a little discussion about each place.-- They were too young to tell them that Scarborough's bogs were the scankiest in the UK :unsure: ;)
Milford Haven was the only place I could not get a post card. The newsagent said, " Who on earth would want to come here & tell their friends anyway" :cry:
I saw a MH postcard in a shop about ten years ago, it was already a bit yellowed, and looked like a scene from 1972, judging by the cars.
Naturally I bought it for the lark. It was probably the last one around

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Yes Karisma is a bit green, but it’s not inches thick like some here. More importantly, there’s nothing flapping loose in the wind.
Pretty much as expected. She always goes green; I think it is because I had her under a bank of trees on the hard every winter in a Penarth 2011 to 2016. I’m going to get down in the next couple of weeks. She’s been neglected due to the pressures of work and family but great to hear she’s basically okay. Thanks muchly for looking over her.

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
Pretty much as expected. She always goes green; I think it is because I had her under a bank of trees on the hard every winter in a Penarth 2011 to 2016. I’m going to get down in the next couple of weeks. She’s been neglected due to the pressures of work and family but great to hear she’s basically okay. Thanks muchly for looking over her.
I’ve been staying over every few weeks over the winter, and I can’t keep the green off my boat.
I think this year has been a bad one for it, it must be the rain

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Well I’ve got down today and apart from the festival of green (which a lot of boats seem to be competing in) she seems pretty tidy. Totally missed her company and so happy to be onboard. Can’t wait for the weather to catch up. The old adage about the best days with a boat being buying it and selling it aren’t true. Sometimes when you haven’t seen your boat for a long time and you step aboard a familiar world of contentment and promise, filled with happy memories and ambitions for more, life seems wholly better, in an instant.

Other threads that may be of interest