mildew mover

briankerry

Visit site
I know to buy oxalic acid from the chemist instead of those expensive teak brighteners, but what do I ask for to remove the dreaded fungus from the sail cover?

charles_reed

Visit site
Oxalic acid will remove much of the mould staining - bleach is very successful but also removes the dye and waekens the fabric.

I always consider mould marks on my foul weather gear as honourable battle scars - rather as "vons" used to regard duelling scars.
I've never had it on sailcovers tho' - is yours acrylic fabric?

mica

Visit site
I have mildew on my fabric head linings and have had some success with Stain Devil, can't remember which number it is, ( it says for mildew on the bottle). It comes in a powder form, but I found it only worked when mixed as a very strong solution.

I would be interested to know if Oxalyc Acid would work better, but worry that it might burn holes in the fabric. What strength dilution would you use for fabric to avoid such a catastrophe?.

MICA

ccscott49

Visit site
I've tried between 10 and 25%, but it doesnt work like an acid and burn, its more a bleaching agent, not an akali one an oxygen one.

briankerry

Visit site
I only mentioned oxalic acid to set the scene. Little did I know that it would prove to be something of a cure-all. I will give it a go at the suggested dilution but can't help but wonder now if it might remove the unsightly blemishes on Grandma's support tights.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by briankerry on Sun Dec 2 16:25:11 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

byron

RIP
Visit site
DETTOX available from your local Supermarket also great with stains too. Read instructions first. I recently came across it after having badly stained decks (from leaves) someone pointed me at it .... very impressive. My wife said "Didn't you know? I always keep some under the kitchen sink" How would I know that, I don't even know where the kitchen sink is ;-)

ô¿ô
www.education-jobs.co.uk
www.alexander-advertising.co.uk