Might need urgent skipper in S France

SeaAndSea

Visit site
***copied from Reader to Reader forum.

Hi all, I might need the services of a skipper at very short notice please, does anyone have recommended contacts?

Trader 47 is currently as Port Napoleon - Marseille, and needs to go to Villefrance-sur-Mer near Nice.

Might need to be in Nice by Sunday for shipping back to the UK.

Cheers
Colin.

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...rgent-skipper-in-S-France#YEs5iuFjhdc0Bxi7.99

Portofino

Visit site
How ready is it ?
What’s its cruise speed ?
I mean if it’s got empty tanks , the toilets are bust , windlass knackered , relatively not kept up with service wise , ie duff bats etc etc .
When I bought mine a few years back it went for a week in a yard , infact the Apea Mare boat builders and they were all over it like a rash getting ready for a winter Naples / Cannes some 600 miles .
So we flew in and off we went with some assurance everything worked .
Eg there was a leaky exhaust manifold at the sea trial so both were removed and replaced in the two week between doing the deal and sailing away .

If it’s been stood idle for / years months hmm .......!

Of course disregard my enquires if it’s been fettled and is turn key .

Last edited:

SeaAndSea

Visit site
Jimmy, it's a bit far for us with our limited experience. It's incredibly tight timelines, and to be honest I don't think we can achieve this. there are a couple of things I need to do that haven't been. so I think im going to be asking for contacts of someone who would be able to move our boat to Nice in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on the next shipping date that we can use to get the boat to the UK/N Europe.

SeaAndSea

Visit site
Agreed pete. ive called off the 'rush' to get our boat to Nice for this weekend.

Portofino, boat has been out of the water having repairs/maintenance carried out over the past couple of months (months because we've been waiting for Cat parts). Boat goes back in the water tomorrow - woohoo. Seatrials tomorrow afternoon maybe.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Jimmy, it's a bit far for us with our limited experience. It's incredibly tight timelines, and to be honest I don't think we can achieve this. there are a couple of things I need to do that haven't been. so I think im going to be asking for contacts of someone who would be able to move our boat to Nice in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on the next shipping date that we can use to get the boat to the UK/N Europe.

Shame. Weather is ok down there at the moment as well. Villefranche is a lovely anchorage and it's fun watching the boats being loaded to the ship there. Easy to get the train back into Nice, tram to airport, and home.

But - @Deleted User keeps his boat in Antibes and has used a delivery skipper there, might be worth a pm.

Fishtigua

Visit site
Big Col, we shipped a 67' back from Nice in March. My gosh, what a state it was in when unloaded in Southampton. It looked like some monkey had been using an angle-ginder on the ship's deck as there was so much fly-rust all over the boat.

Took me about 3 weeks of solid buffing and polishing to get her back in shape.

Just a warning.

Summer Sailor

Visit site
***copied from Reader to Reader forum.

Hi all, I might need the services of a skipper at very short notice please, does anyone have recommended contacts?

Trader 47 is currently as Port Napoleon - Marseille, and needs to go to Villefrance-sur-Mer near Nice.

Might need to be in Nice by Sunday for shipping back to the UK.

Cheers
Colin.

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...rgent-skipper-in-S-France#YEs5iuFjhdc0Bxi7.99

Speak to https://www.halcyonyachts.com/ - they delivered our boat and the skipper they sent was excellent.

Bouba

Visit site
First people I would ask is the yard doing the work the next place would be the capitainerie of Port Napoleon. Local is sometimes better

SeaAndSea

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies, the support is great :)

Bouba, i spoke to the guys in the yard and they said they can move the boat this weekend for us weather permitting, so it should be in Antwerp in 14 days [says a little prayer]

I'm happy it's the yard guys moving the boat, right now they know the boat better than anyone and are best placed to address any issues during the trip to Nice.

I'm trying not to get too excited about getting the boat we've owned for 5 months close to us in the uk...but it's our first boat :)

Thanks again :)