MF805 wiring question

freddyuk

Visit site
I have a Horn (10 amp) to install in my MF805 which goes on the front of the roof above windscreen. It is an option so wiring is in place already at this point in the saloon behind the clock/barometer hatch. In the conduit there are cables red/blue and another grey/orange. I cannot see these cables coming into the wiring centre behind the steering console so does anyone know which cables I use and where they end up? I assume that as the wiring diagram has the horn wired into the same 10amp fuse as the wipers I can just connect the horn directly via a switch if I can find the correct wires.?

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I have a red and a black in the same place on my Antares which have obviously never been attached to anything, no power to them and absolutely no idea where they go to. I gave up and ran new cables, hope you have better luck.

freddyuk

Visit site
Can't run new cables as they go all the way along the roof to the rear and then down and all the way forward to the helm. No direct route and no way to get new cables run without tearing the boat apart.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Can't run new cables as they go all the way along the roof to the rear and then down and all the way forward to the helm. No direct route and no way to get new cables run without tearing the boat apart.
Same as mine, it is possible but a real ball ache. I shortened the route by going through and down the windscreen frame, cables hidden by the curtain in normal use. When I ran antenna and radar cables from the roof I included mousing cables so future installations should be easier but smaller cabling can go direct.

BD4772D3-E11C-4E0B-BDA1-D2DEC57BB075.jpegA4FA8ACD-80E2-4B03-A2F6-27DD67E833E8.jpeg

Last edited:

freddyuk

Visit site
Thanks Jamie - I did have a good look at the pillar thinking it must be possible to get down there but decided against it. I was hoping to move the radio and speakers stuck up on the roof but the cables go same route down the rear structure and then forward. A horn is not essential but I could fit a relay and then run tiny cables down the pillar if there is sufficient power behind the instrument panel in the roof.
My other wish is to have a remote switch at the helm for the anchor winch. Did you do this mod?? I have the plug in cable for the anchor locker but dont want to be standing out there in all weathers retrieving the anchor.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
All my big stuff is mounted on the rear overhang of the coach roof as it’s the only weight bearing bit of roof available. On mine, the cabling then goes into a conduit behind the deck light, FORWARD to the over helm hatch then back to 8” away from the deck light, down into the lazarette then behind the galley and helm to the electrics box. Absolute fecking madness!! My vhf cable run was around 15m, I’ve now brought them and the solar cables down the screen pillar as well so now less than 10. Radar runs the whole distance but it’s one unjointed cable so all good. My helm already included a windlass switch (bottom right rocker on second pic) so no mods there, although I never use it preferring to drop/raise from the foredeck.

Attachments

• 3F17BE10-01E5-465F-B953-67872C8BE0E7.jpeg
    3F17BE10-01E5-465F-B953-67872C8BE0E7.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 6