Messolonghi Mess

Sunandsea

Visit site
Normal Messolonghi service again. Booked our launch well in advance, all confirmed on our return to the boat. As expected, regular patrols by the port police looking for owners working on their boats. Not even allowed to wash decks and definitely not allowed to antifoul. Despite assurrances we would be launched on time, both cranes dissapered across the bay to unload a ship that arrived just as we were supposed to be launched. Tomorrow, we are repeatedly assured …
Lovely place, great people, but …

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
It sounds ridiculous. I wonder if the marina would confirm to so someone taking a berth that they are allowed to clean and work on the boat? If this was a UK marina and you could get such an email from them (or record a conversation on your phone) but it then turns out that they don't have the correct licence, a quick application to the Court Court (£25) would result in potentially enormous costs for the marina having to pay to have boats moved and berthed at another marina where work could work be undertaken.

Of course, with the legal system in Greece, you would be pushing up the daisies long before your claim was resolved. :ambivalence:

Richard

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It sounds ridiculous. I wonder if the marina would confirm to so someone taking a berth that they are allowed to clean and work on the boat? If this was a UK marina and you could get such an email from them (or record a conversation on your phone) but it then turns out that they don't have the correct licence, a quick application to the Court Court (£25) would result in potentially enormous costs for the marina having to pay to have boats moved and berthed at another marina where work could work be undertaken.

Of course, with the legal system in Greece, you would be pushing up the daisies long before your claim was resolved. :ambivalence:

Richard
There no hope of any thing in Greece Richard , I do feel for all them guys in the Marina .
It was being said mid last summer that this may happen , so the warning sign where there .
I have to give it to JO , he has his work cut out for him , I bet he regrete the day he invested in that Marina .
We sore we would never go back unless we heard , Mr Y have kicked the bucket . I bet all the guys that was saying once what a nice Guy Mr Y was and he never given them any problem are kicking them self now .
Any way we head your way , mate .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I don't quite know why people use this place ,it's been trouble for years .There's much better and cheaper yards closer to a international airport the Aegean side of the canal.
Just think a €5 bus ride from airport ,jump on a dolphin, €13 and you are on boat.