Messolonghi Marina

chrisgee

Visit site
Well done to Joe ----he must have the patience of a Saint. Hope he makes a great go of it ----must get down to see what`s occuring now.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What is meant by servicing? Does this mean any work on boats? Doesn't sound like a lot of progress.

I think it opening again is Progress :) . But as you said it be good to know if people can work on their boat , I drop Jo an email and get it from the horses mouth .

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Dear Vic,

Thanks for your support.

All service in and outside of the boat, in the water and outside of the water can be undertaken as long as they don’t pollute the environment.

When the marina is finished we will have a special place for high pressure cleaning etc.
We are aiming to have this finished, before the start of the new season.

This means that currently we cannot wash the boats whilst lifted, but they will be launched clean.

Unlike other many other marinas in Greece, Messolonghi Marina will be a “green” marina.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Beste regards,
Jo

sailaboutvic

Visit site
He hard a bit of a roar deal , his Greek partner in the Marina has not only stolen 100 of thousands of euros one way or any other but once he got caught , luck he didn't get locked up he did his best to make life hard for the marina , even tho he was still 45% owner , all the problem the marina had boiled down to him , some of us came very close the fisky cuts with him over time .
Now it seen he has no dealing with the marina and let's hope it stays that way , and I can only wish Jo the best of luck getting it up and going again , one reason to put right the rumour that there wasn't any services .
I guess if people can't get pressure wash as they come out , jo will sort some thing out so not to add cost on at a later date.
I guess and this is my view and not the marina , if sheet plastic was laid around the boat to catch any dropping people may be aloud to wet sand .
We will see .

alexsailor

Visit site
Maybe this Jo should hire albanian mafia. They would sort things out:) A well known marina in Aktio looks fine:) And posh:)

It would cost some money but hey, after loosing 100k or even more euros...
Anyway I admire people with such patience... Really. I would eat that mdrf.. alive...

I do not use marinas but I’ll support them with a visit. It’s not much but still something..

Ocean Safari

Visit site
I am presently in Messolonghi Marina and the present situation is as follows:
Boats can come and go as they please
Lifting in and out no problem
Not allowed to wash bottom of boat . This due to environmental licence and marina to put in collection system in new year .
The marina has a limit on number of boats on hard and in water. I am not positive of the numbers but there are quite a few there at the moment.