Merlin SmartGauge advice please?

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Advice sort please
I've got the manual but nothing mentioned in it?
Does anyone have a contact telephone number for Merlin Technical, in regard to SmartGauge queries please.

Or has anyone got any ideas on current problem?

Problem, just visited the boat now as have been unable for 8 weeks due to an hospital operation.

SmartGauge has worked faultlessly for years, and aquiring great SOC data, and current volts on both banks.

On my visit two days ago, SmartGauge will not turn on using the three buttons. SOC, Bat 1, and Bat 2. There is no illumination at all on guage?

Checked state of batteries both sets, engine and house, both at 13.65v. fuses also ok.

Removed guage from panel and the connections , B1, and B2 both have power but guage won't illuminate from pressing any of the 3 buttons.

At a loss, but Thought I read somewhere🤔 Take it home and warm it up,
so disconnected it, and it's now in the airing cupboard.😚

Anyone got any ideas , or maybe a link to Merlin Technical please?

Thanks for any replies

Poey50

Visit site
Something damp/corroded inside? Resting in a sealed container with moisture absorbing bags might help if it's damp alone. Or a jar of rice.

VicS

Visit site
Advice sort please
I've got the manual but nothing mentioned in it?
Does anyone have a contact telephone number for Merlin Technical, in regard to SmartGauge queries please.

Or has anyone got any ideas on current problem?

Problem, just visited the boat now as have been unable for 8 weeks due to an hospital operation.

SmartGauge has worked faultlessly for years, and aquiring great SOC data, and current volts on both banks.

On my visit two days ago, SmartGauge will not turn on using the three buttons. SOC, Bat 1, and Bat 2. There is no illumination at all on guage?

Checked state of batteries both sets, engine and house, both at 13.65v. fuses also ok.

Removed guage from panel and the connections , B1, and B2 both have power but guage won't illuminate from pressing any of the 3 buttons.

At a loss, but Thought I read somewhere🤔 Take it home and warm it up,
so disconnected it, and it's now in the airing cupboard.😚

Anyone got any ideas , or maybe a link to Merlin Technical please?

Thanks for any replies

A name and a number here:
SmartGauge Electronics - Contact us
but it's fairly old

They've moved but the number is still the same
Contact Us - Merlin

Last edited:

xeitosaphil

Visit site
Thanks Vic's, I did see that, but the contact details like you say old 2009 and SmartGauge don't exist anymore as far as I know?
I thought that SmartGauge was actually sold to Merlin back along?
To my understanding Merlin are now based in the USA? Don't know if there are any UK based service or Technical services now available , or if you just have to contact the USA?

I was hoping someone may have come across this problem/situation before with a fix?
Will try check out the Exeter address and see if anything is forthcoming. Didn't know about that link so thanks.👍