Mercury 5hp fuel non-return connector

KevO

Visit site
The fuel non-return valve on my 5hp mercury 2T will only allow me to blow through the correct way, not both ways, but is allowing fuel to leak back through so it needs replacement. OEM Part no 22-815948. Searching online, nigh on £50!!!! For this little bit of plastic!!!! Can I just use another similar inline valve that does the same thing? IMG_3997.jpeg

KevO

Visit site
Correction, a water test shows bubbles when I blow through the ‘wrong’ way so it’s defo U/S.

CliveF

Visit site
As long as the NRV you buy is fuel proof then there should be no problem.
Its what I would do. Certainly not £50 for the pleasure.
Do you need it at all? can you get away with just linking the pipes where it currently goes?

Regards C

KevO

Visit site
As long as the NRV you buy is fuel proof then there should be no problem.
Its what I would do. Certainly not £50 for the pleasure.
Do you need it at all? can you get away with just linking the pipes where it currently goes?

Regards C
It stops fuel from the internal tank flowing back to and through the external tank connector. I’ll have a better look for a similar size fuel NRV - there seem to be lots online at first glance. Does it have to be plastic? There are lots of alu ones it seems.

B27

Visit site
If you need a non return valve, then a priming bulb in the line will do that for you.
Lots of NRVs available for EFI systems, but they are mostly metal and those I've seen need a significant pressure to crack them open, they're normally dumping 30psi of fuel back into the tank.