mercruiser parts by post?

pcv

Visit site
Can anyone suggest a supplier of mercruiser spares on the net.
Iv had a look and cant find anyone, I’m looking for drive belts, fuel filters ect for a 4.3 V6 1990 mercruiser.

I’m also looking for a prop, as the one iv got is showing its age. The number on the prop is 48/832630A45 19p Iv tried a couple of site’s but unsure of the prop fitting as the numbers given are different except the pitch.

The leg is a Alfa 1

Any help?

pete

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
I own a Rinker now but it still has a mercruiser engine and i recently ordered my service kit from Windermere Aquatic which is the Bayliner centre.I used to have Bayliners and there parts dept is so easy to use,saves the hassle of looking up part numbers etc. You could probably get parts cheaper elsewhere but with more hassle perhaps.

Ask for Jodie in parts dept. she's great to deal with and post straight away
Tel no,01539 442121
www.aquaticboatcentres.com

Maybe worth a try.

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
Hi alrob

Still no outcome as yet bud. I went down to boat on Sunday but,as posted, my new stainless prop had been taken so thoughts on doing very much that day soon vanished.
I may well be down this weekend and in the water with her so will just simply unplug the 2 sensor wires,water temp and oil pressure switches to see which one is at fault. I found out that there is only 2 possible audio sensors to try.If after replacing both if necessary,the buzzer still sounds, then i'll have to investigate further. Sorry not to have done more but my mind was awash on sunday,i just wanted to go home and forget about the boat. As soon as i know anything bud, i'll post or pm you.

Risingstar

Visit site
These guys have been great when I've used them.....

Pro-Rig Marine
Units 14 & 15 Penton Hook Marina Staines Road Chertsey Surrey
KT16 8PY
Tel: 01932 570202

GandalfLoJ

www.storms-uk.com
I highly recommend www.michiganmotorz.com

I know they're US but I've kinda lost faith in the UK importer for mercruiser parts as I've been after a 10-14 pin wiring adapter for my new 4.3MPI and each time they send one to the boat yard it's the wrong part!

In desperation as I have a week off next week I called Michigan Motorz last night and ordered the part from them. They're fedexing it over and is currently scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

And the total price is less than what I would pay for the part here too.

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Gilly1

I have a Rinker V190 with a 4.3l mercruiser, which rinker do you own?

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Pete
Not too far away i see,in Stroud. I have a Rinker 212 cuddy,also with a 4.3l.
Where do you sail?

pcv

Visit site
Dartmouth, was lucky to get a trot mooring 5years back, had sail boats up to this year. The Rinker is my first power boat in fare condition just the upholstery needs some tlc and the owner to get use to engines instead of sail’s.

Hope to get out this weekend

pete
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
Hi Pete
Glad you got a nice example, yes must be a joy to just have to sit there and push a throttle rather than rig sails etc lol
I have a friend who loves Torquay and takes his boat there,and i did up until this season but fancied a change,needless to say,i've upset him now as he's on his own lol. Is a trot mooring where your boat is in the river and you need a small boat to get to it. What are the annual costs for that Pete? cheers

pcv

Visit site
(yes must be a joy to just have to sit there and push a throttle rather than rig sails etc lol)

Yes it is nice, just have to stop listening to every little sound thinking the worst and just enjoy.

The mooring cost me £350 a year and yes I need a little tender to get back and forth, but I could get the river taxi at £5 each way.

The mooring is only inaccessible for about an hour.

The main draw back is the travelling and the parking in Dartmouth, the mooring has parking but its fist come and not regulated so its luck if you can park. In the winter no problem.

I’m thinking next year about Dry Boating from Blackness mariner, indoor storage no trailer needed lift in and out with about 2 hours notice and although it will cost about £1000 more I think in the long term it will pay.

Pete

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
Sounds ok Pete but i know all about the hassle of driving distances. Dry storage is great,well dry stack really but thats very expensive.Given the choice though its what i'd have.I'm on dry storage in Davis's,Cobbs Quay,cheap but no security as i found to my cost.Just had a £400 prop stolen!!