Mercruiser 1.7 Diesel with Outdrive Leg

Jim@sea

Visit site
I am looking for a small (fast) boat with an Inboard Diesel engine. A few years ago I nearly bought a demonstrator boat with one of these engines but at the time I wanted a bigger boat. Now when I look round for a new/ish boat with the Mercruiser Diesel they dont seem to be importing them.
I ended up buying a Skibsplast (23ft 140 Yanmar) and would buy another but they are all 20 years old.
So any suggestions please.
Would prefer a Cuddy rather than a Bowrider.
Thanks.

ps also after a Diesel Landrover to tow it (up to £6k)

mlines

www.sportsboat.org.uk
Some of the Regal range were available with the Mercruiser diesel, I think it tended to be the 18 to 19ft Bowriders.

A quick search only shows a 2250 Cuddy with the KAD Diesel at the moment but some come up every now and again. Of course these were more popular with the large petrol engines.

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Motorboats/regal-2250-cuddy/9885

Last edited:

Spi D

Visit site
More of the Brunswick owned brands can be found with this (Isuzu based?) engine.

The list comprises

Aquador
Arriva
Arvor
Attwood
Bayliner
Boston Whaler
Cabo Yachts
Cobra
Crestliner
Cypress Cay
Harris FloteBote
Hatteras Yachts
Kayot
Kellogg Marine
Lowe Boats
Lund
Maxum
Meridian Yachts
Princecraft
Quicksilver
Rayglass
Robalo
Sea Ray
Sealine
Smart Craft
Starcraft Marine
Trophy
Uttern
Valiant
Wahoo

rafiki_

Visit site
Yep, Isuzu based, and dressed for the GM Astra. Had a pair of these in my Sunline. Were great units. Easy to maintain, reliable and a good match for the Alfa Gen 2 drive. These engines have been used in fast fishers in the US, with exposed engines, where the waste gates could get stuck open if poorly maintained. Regular spray with WD40 or similar would have saved a lot of angst. No problems in the engine room in the Sunline.