Medway scrubbing hards

ginwoodf

Visit site
I think my boat could do with a mid season scrub but I'm loathe to pay craneage. Does anyone know of any scrubbing hards around the Medway/ Swale, I'm new to Queenborugh moorings and still trying to learn about the area. Also I've never gone through this process before so any practical advice or dire warnings would be more than welcome.
Gordon. (Crecerelle)

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site
One in Queenborough.

There used to be a scrubbing berth actually in Queenborough, on the old town quay up the creek. Mainly used by fishing boats, and probably only suitable for fairly shallow draft yachts. Contact the Harbour Master.

Hoo Marina have two scrubbing berths, depending on your draft. Tel 01634 250311.

If you are a bilge keeler its easy enough, just park on the wall where you are shown and wait for the tide to go out. You land on a concrete apron. It's a bit more nerve-racking first time with a single keel boat and particularly a fin keeler, ensuring the yacht comes down leaning just slightly inwards for support. But if you go somewhere like Hoo they would give you all the help you need first time down.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Cantata

Visit site
There are indeed scrubbing posts about a half-mile west of the lane to Harty Ferry, mainland side of the Swale. Haven't seen anyone use them lately so a visit by road (and walk along the sea wall) at low tide might be advisable.
If you're a bilge-keeler, Horse Sand is excellent, starts at the Receptive buoy opposite Faversham Creek and runs NE. Nice hard sand. And seals to look at if you're lucky.

<hr width=100% size=1>