Med Dreaming

MedDreamer

Visit site
All this talk of Costa Brava and the sunshine in this cold weather has reignited my dream.

Just one question (for the time being) - what is petrol availability like on the Spanish coast?. Do most marina's have it?. The petrol/diesel price differential is much less there so presumably there are more petro engined boats or is that not correct ?

Martyn

<hr width=100% size=1>

banus

Visit site
Yep, all the marinas have petrol. Look out for them being open until 10 oclock in the night and then being closed on a nice sunny sunday. shop around because marbella town Marina is a lot cheaper than banus. Petrol is about the same price as deisel about 73 cents (50p) a litre. You don,t see many deisel boats under 30ft and most of the sport boats are American twin engine v8 jobbies Ofcourse if you go to Gibraltar every now and again its 25p a litre at the pump but you can negociate down to 17p if you go regularly. The trouble with my 240 sundancer 5litre
mercruiser is it will use as much coming back as i used to go down. If you know what i mean

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
My current boat is diesel but previous boats have been petrol and I've never had a problem in the Med and we have been in Spain, France Italy and Yugoslavia. You're right the prices are similar between petrol and diesel but the proportion of boats using either is the same as the UK.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>