Med-based Motor Yacht Syndicates, any experience?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
After a bit of a false start I’m interested in the idea joining (ie buying into) an existing syndicate, and want to hear from anyone who may be a member. Basic requirements would be SoF based eg Antibes, flybridge or sports cruiser under 20m LOA, 3 good cabins / no bunks, I want about 6 weeks per year so an eighth or maybe sixth share would be ideal. So my question is whether anyone is a member of a syndicate and can offer any advice. @petem you’re excused… 😊

Last edited:

Akers_like

Visit site
Ex member. Syndicate of 3, Thames based, 40ft TSMY.
I adapted small aircraft syndicate agreement, main clauses being exit strategy, valuations, timescales etc.
Eight in my opinion is far too many to reach any agreement on issues that arise.
I did consider @petem deal a while ago, unbeknown to him, which I think would work well. Just wrong location for me.
Good luck, keep us posted on progress.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Thanks. Six or eight aren’t uncommon for Med boats, the boat is professionally managed with a detailed contract and terms of use, and turned round between uses, so no work required by syndicate members.

Last edited:

Parabolica

Visit site
👍🏻 Might be interested albeit not sure of the location… please could you pm me a few details?
Location is fantastic. Take a trip out there and suss it out, plenty of great cruising and a boating mecca.

i’m off out there again on Tuesday for the week, just to escape the turn in the weather. If i could afford the legal inevitability, i’d not come back either :)

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Location is fantastic. Take a trip out there and suss it out, plenty of great cruising and a boating mecca.

i’m off out there again on Tuesday for the week, just to escape the turn in the weather. If i could afford the legal inevitability, i’d not come back either :)

You‘re not thinking of syndicating your Predator by any chance…???

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Ex member. Syndicate of 3, Thames based, 40ft TSMY.
I adapted small aircraft syndicate agreement, main clauses being exit strategy, valuations, timescales etc.
Eight in my opinion is far too many to reach any agreement on issues that arise.
I did consider @petem deal a while ago, unbeknown to him, which I think would work well. Just wrong location for me.
Good luck, keep us posted on progress.
It's a shame that the location didn't work for you.

Incidentally, one of my partners is trading up to a Phantom 50 so a 1/3 share in our boat is available if anyone is interested.

Details of the boat can be found here - Fairline Targa 34 For Sale.

I can send more photos on request.

Pete