MCA Emergency Number When Out of UK Waters

Petronella

Visit site
We're about to set off from Galapagos to French Polynesia. We used to use Falmouth Coastguard as our coordinating number in case of emergency. What is the correct number to use now? It's not easy to see from the MCA website. Or maybe they no longer provide that coordinating service?

dunedin

Visit site
I am no expert, but I wonder if it is now the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre at Fareham

Details from MCA website:

Joint Rescue Coordination Centre
Unit 12, Kites Croft Business Park
Fareham
PO14 4LW
Phone 02392 552100

Details from Inmarsat site:
JRCC UK
ukmrcc@hmcg.gov.uk
+44 (0) 344 382 0025 or +44 (0) 344 382 0028

The different numbers could just be the difference between the UK local number and a special number also used by the Inmarsat link?

I am sure Falmouth would patch through to the correct place if you contacted them

Have a great voyage

Petronella

Visit site
I am no expert, but I wonder if it is now the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre at Fareham

Details from MCA website:

Joint Rescue Coordination Centre
Unit 12, Kites Croft Business Park
Fareham
PO14 4LW
Phone 02392 552100

Details from Inmarsat site:
JRCC UK
ukmrcc@hmcg.gov.uk
+44 (0) 344 382 0025 or +44 (0) 344 382 0028

The different numbers could just be the difference between the UK local number and a special number also used by the Inmarsat link?

I am sure Falmouth would patch through to the correct place if you contacted them

Have a great voyage

Yes, that's what I was guessing from their website. Surprised it's not obvious though.

Thanks. Think it's best to be prepared. There have been two Maydays in the last few days (whale strike and medical stroke)!