MBM CRUISING CLUB-WHAT A NIGHTMARE

SimonC

Visit site
Errr... hold on a minute Haydn.

I've tried to stay out of this thread because, although the original post was critical and (in one or two respects) inaccurate, the thread as a whole has been pretty balanced and I think some interesting issues have been raised.

However, you make quite clear that you have "limited experience" and then go on to spout some wild and damaging speculation about the experience/knowledge of the people running the cruising club.

Our cruises are led by Neale, who many of you will know from these forums because he pops up every now and again to answer your questions. He has a lifetime of experience, a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster qualification and, I imagine, will feel extremely insulted when he reads your comments. Just like anyone else, he can get caught out when the weather doesn't act as it has been forecast to do (which is pretty much what happened on the occasion Penpal is recounting), but he is a committed boater, with his own boat, and deserves considerably better than ill-judged, ignorant comment.

Neale is always supported on the cruise by additional expertise, be it from other experienced boaters such as Kim, or by professionally qualified boaters such as Jon Mendez.

There may be the odd career journalist like me knocking around, but hey - I can tie a rope with the best of 'em.

An apology isn't necessary, but next time you start a sentence with 'In my limited experience...' please consider whether it's worth posting at all.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Now, come on Simon. The views were not balanced at all, far as I can remeber, no one found any fault with the cruise organisers, least of all me. Think every one decided that maybe Penpal had the wrong boat and to little experience to envisage what conditions would be like.

I dont think I made any comment about the cruising club, I know nothing about it and I've never met Neale.

I was simply commenting about some editorial folk, but having a laugh as well. Anyway, I thort you would find it a compliment, getting promoted to, was it. Big Boobs Of The World? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SimonC

Visit site
Somewhere on a forum called bigboobs.com, there's someone complaining about how the Boobs of the World journalists are too poor to get big boobs themselves, and anyway, don't get enough time off to play with them. Most of them have said they'd like a go though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site
See what I mean. There is no forum on bigboobs.com. Yer making it all up again! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif