MBM Cruising Club - Holland

Alpha22

Visit site
Many years ago, the boat that I currently own went to Holland with the MBM cruising club. I am looking for any photos of her whilst on that trip.

She was called "Liberty of London" and was owned by Tim Atkinson, I believe.

The boat is a Freeman 32 with a blue canvas cover to the back of the wheel shelter.

Any leads??????

coliholic

Visit site
Well I can tell you it wasn't the 2001 cruise. We were on that cruise in Aquaholic our Fairline Mirage and coincidentally last weekend I was having a clear out of old junk and came across the Oct 2001 MBM and lo and behold there's an article in there about that year's cruise to Holland in which we featured. For some odd reason I'd kept the mag all these years and it's still sitting here on my desk and your boat's not in it Alpha and there's no Freeman 32 on that trip.

Must admit it was a fantastic holiday, first time I'd ever really been to sea and we did Ramsgate to Blankenberg with not a ripple on the sea. Coming back was another story, 30 knot winds according to the MBM report and we had to hole up in Blankenberg for a week till the sea calmed down. We came back in convoy with a Princess 30DS called Chandos from Calais to Ramsgate and then did our first solo bit from Ramsgate to Lowestoft. Ooer my bum did go sixpence dustbinlid a bit. Scary being on your own for the first time, but we made it OK.

Of course this doesn't help you too much, but at least you know when it wasn't. Oh and you can keep the charts, I won't need them back now :D

tabler

Visit site
Well I can tell you it wasn't the 2001 cruise. We were on that cruise in Aquaholic our Fairline Mirage and coincidentally last weekend I was having a clear out of old junk and came across the Oct 2001 MBM and lo and behold there's an article in there about that year's cruise to Holland in which we featured. For some odd reason I'd kept the mag all these years and it's still sitting here on my desk and your boat's not in it Alpha and there's no Freeman 32 on that trip.

Must admit it was a fantastic holiday, first time I'd ever really been to sea and we did Ramsgate to Blankenberg with not a ripple on the sea. Coming back was another story, 30 knot winds according to the MBM report and we had to hole up in Blankenberg for a week till the sea calmed down. We came back in convoy with a Princess 30DS called Chandos from Calais to Ramsgate and then did our first solo bit from Ramsgate to Lowestoft. Ooer my bum did go sixpence dustbinlid a bit. Scary being on your own for the first time, but we made it OK.

Of course this doesn't help you too much, but at least you know when it wasn't. Oh and you can keep the charts, I won't need them back now :D

Is this the Mirage (Aquaholic) that is currently for sale at South Yorkshire Boat Club? If it is, I would be very interested in talking to you.:)

Last edited:

stillwaters

Visit site
Many years ago, the boat that I currently own went to Holland with the MBM cruising club. I am looking for any photos of her whilst on that trip.

She was called "Liberty of London" and was owned by Tim Atkinson, I believe.

The boat is a Freeman 32 with a blue canvas cover to the back of the wheel shelter.

Any leads??????

If you haven't found this yet,Liberty was on the MBM Dutch cruise in 2004 and featured in 3 photos in the MBM December article about it entitled Nether Regions. I was particularly interested in this article at the time as I roughly (in more ways than one) followed a similar route shortly after. Incidentally,if you don't have the mag,you can buy a copy of the article on the ybw website directory for £6.95.

Alpha22

Visit site
Thank you so much.... That was exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers

hometporternobackupybw1imgnewsdeskmbmmbmnewswillemstad-2004.jpg

Dosen't she look small!!!

Last edited: