MBM cruise and weather forecasts

G

I've been keeping up with the diary postings of the Zeeland cruise on the MBM. Partly keeping up with Colin_Maslen in Aquaholic, who hasn't featured at all in the notes, so either it's all gone v well, or v badly for him and he's wimped out. Special interest at the moment cos they're due back this weekend. But the x-channel weather is a bit iffy, as the yotties say in a f7.

hence weather forecast question. Where on the web can you get the nice forecasts like wot are at the marinas? With a nice diagram with isobars and wind speeds for the next few days? Or is this a Few Quid?

Of course, re MBM cruise, proper style (as Martin etc will know ) would call for someone to arrange nice truck to arrive on the final day to cart boat back to UK, and also a helicopter for crew to disappear over horizon to airport.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Currently sat in Breskens trying to find a hole to get the MBM fleet back to the UK (those that haven't returned home to come back later for a fairer crossing). Partly as a result of organising/running these cruises have a lot of experience of bringing in internet forecasts and you should see improvements to scope of info here on ybw very soon. Leant on the internet heavily for weather forecasting since 1999, although GSM bills get a bit steep if you get carried away.

As for Colin, well he kept managing to dodge my camera, never managed to do anything to catch my keyboard and has now left his boat in Belgium with an eye to coming back when this autumnal weather finally becomes summer again (hopefully sometime before 2002). He promised me that he would manage to spill the beans about all the terrible things we have done to him here first on the forums but he reckoned without the power of a laptop. Have to go now...yet another early morning run to see which of several forecasts and synoptics will prove right this time around.

paulineb

Visit site
My pigshit of a husband brought us back across the channel on Saturday. I've never been seasick before, but managed to fill a couple of buckets on this trip. The waves must have been 300 ft high and were crashing into our side for the latter part of the journey. We left Nieuwpoort heading for Brighton, but did Mr Dipstick take us safely into Calais - no he f*****g didn't. I had to endure spewing my way across the channel until we got the Dover, where I found seaweed and other bits of flotsam and jetsam on the flybridge and aft deck AND I broke a nail !!! Once we had finally moored safely in Dover, if I could have lifted the boat I would have shoved it up his big fat a**e !! Other than that, we had a great holiday.

Pauline B