Maxum 3000SCR Ride Characteristics?

coliholic

Visit site
Re: Hot fav. \"American Pie\"

Most certainly not, never am.

And jfm still in the orifice at half ten? Must be another woman involved. you can tell us we won't breathe a word to mrs jfm.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Barry, it will be better but dont expect too much. You will not be able to drive it into a F5 on the nose at 20knots and not spill your beer - you're going to need a 60 footer for that. 18 degrees deadrise (where? transom? - see previous thread) is about normal for this type of boat. Try it on one engine, the owner should'nt complain, but it wont plane, just see if you can keep it straight
Much more important is to check that every component works, nothing falls off, you're comfortable driving it (visibility from the helm, seat comfort), SWMBO + sprog can sit comfortably also. Good idea to hire engineer for seatrial to check all the oily bits are 100%. I presume you are also having a hull survey?
Good luck. Keep us posted

tcm

Visit site
Better than what?

I think that Barry will be delighted. The handling and turning cricle will be dramatically improved, and the much roomier internal volume will allow a lot more gear to be stowed. Cornering should also be more precise. Yes, it will be altogether *much* better than that Cadillac....;-)

BarryD

Visit site
Hey Referee..

OY TCM stop knocking the Caddy, it's a great car slightly faster than you German barge! AND with a lovely v8 burbble.

Thanks all for the hints & tips, and I've no idea where the deadrise is measured from. In the Solent though MVII made an indicated 25kts before sticking it's nose into a wave - great fun, I shall become a holligun or somethign like that <G>

Barry D.

IMHO & FWIW, NWGOI.

tcm

Visit site
Re: v8 burble

doesn't that mean "poor silencer"? Not sure cady is quciker than merc. in fact, fairly sure it ain't. But anyway, I'm only jealous cos pocket rocket mv3 does 38 knots. Best advice is to have cheap glasses and crocks before attempting speed runs. Throw the microwave on the floor too. You know it makes sense.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: v8 burble

Ha - book speed of the Caddy is 150, but by pressing a button I can convert the display to KMH which gives an impressive 240 - course the flashing blue lights behind get a bit distracting... (think I got a ticket on Friday night bugger).

Good thought on cheap stuff to break when peddaling hard - of course MVIIs microwave was self centering and could hit the floor with out any assistance <G> MVII made an impressive 25kts on Saturday course the petrol pump was going at full chat and we burnt about £60 worth of fuel in under an hour.

Going to see if MVII can fly this weekend...

Barry D.

IMHO & FWIW, NWGOI.