Maxum 2300

Wiggo

Visit site
Well, the styling on the Sealine won't be as sharp as the Maxum, but it is better set up for cruising and almost certainly a deeper V. However it is a shorter boat (from memory) and that may affect the handling characteristics more than the deadrise. It really depends on the sort of boating you plan to do, to be honest. Can you tell us what sort of use you want to make of the boat? Day trips or overnighting? How many on board? Do you need to do any cooking? How far do you want to go?

Whitelighter

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Back on topic... Why do the bigger Maxum's have such shallow hulls??

[/ QUOTE ]

Bicause a shallower V helps with packaging and leads to a greater interior volume for the cabin/engine room etc etc.

The Deeper the V of the hull, the cleverer you have to be about where you put stuff because there simply isnt the room.

Most boats are a compromise between a V that allows somewhere to rest your head and a boat that wont fall apart over the first ripple.

alt

Visit site
Hope the S23 is a good compromise cause as of Saturday i'm going to have one for at least this season... Then hopefully on to an S28 (or similar) next season

[2068]

Visit site
An S28 feels like a BIG BOAT at first after several years with an S24 / S240.

But it seems to have shrunk over time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Or is it that all the boats around me are getting larger?

alt

Visit site
It's funny that my last boat was 25ft - the same size as the S23 (Or is the S23 only 24ft?) - This was a total impulse buy but it was in the right condition, right price at the right time. All I want it for is this season - fingers crossed i'll be able to sell her next winter. either way i'm not too bothered, the S23 will have everything I need and I wouldn't mind if I was stuck with it for a few seasons really. Main advantage to me is that she's trailerable

[2068]

Visit site
S23 is 25feet. Which is probably why they renamed it to be the S25!

Fine for it's size, and should be easy to resell as it's nicely finished, you can cruise around in it, trailer it, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to run.

dv.

alt

Visit site
Aye, last boat has a KAD32 too and I didn't even have to think about the running costs - it was great. Hence why I stuck with this sized engine. The S28 will be a big step up - i' dlike to avoid the twin engine for a few years but feckit, sure couldn't a young lad be spending his money on worse things