mascots

romany123

Visit site
Anybody else have a mascot on board?
we have a 3" teddy bear called Pepper Ted, He is a fluorecent orange in colour and had his ten minutes of fame in yachting monthly In july 1999 Libby Perves wrote about him and his friends,in titchmarsh marina. I have yet to come across a boat that hasent got some sort of mascot on board. He have even has emails for him from friends cruising abroad, once a good friend of ours was sailing to spain and his mascot (a pot gnome ) fell over and died in a storm (well smashed beond repair) by the time the news got around the fleet there where dozens of e-mails of condolence from all the other mascots and, we held a wake....funny old world
Dave
understudy to Pepper Ted the skipper.

Dave

billmacfarlane

Visit site
Yep , I've a wooden parrot on a swing called Wilfred who's been with me for 15 years. I take him home every winter in case he gets frostbite and parrot's can't take the cold , and he comes back down to the boat in spring. And I maintain I'm not superstitious !!!!

ean_p

Visit site
Mmmmmm not a mascot as such, but the tattered remains of the Dutch club burgee from where we bought the boat....it was flying then and has done since......superstition???....would you risk it........

romany123

Visit site
You are going to get lots of "pieces of eight" jokes, glad there are other nutters like me out there.....keep them comming
Dave

Dave

Visit site
Aye, Capt. Tom.....

.. a large (ex Co-op give-away) monkey keeps us safe and on a steady course. Sometimes his eight brothers get smuggled aboard too!

Am I really telling you this?

Steve Cronin

rwh

Visit site
Absolutely!

"Mister Moose" is a stuffed moose about 12 inches tall. Him and I talk a lot. He usually insists on coming along on every trip. He is also known to have hidden himself inside the luggage right before a flight, only to pop out at the destination to share the charter holidays with us.

Rabbie

Visit site
Not so much a mascot...

.... more a talking point. She is a 'Barbie' (or maybe a Cindy) called Jenny Tailya. Bit like an in door figurhead.

G

Re: I\'m getting worried

Yes, it's got a little yuckie, hasn't it?

Sailors are not superstitious. They are careful

William Cooper

Col

Visit site
Re: spill the beans

Just looked at your profile Bill, you must have some interesting stories to tell.
Awaiting your thread!

romany123

Visit site
We are not superstitious either,
its just that Pepper Ted is the only one that can navigate on our boat......so we don't want to upset him.
Dave

Dave

Lynette

Visit site
Wussy? How dare you!

Cuddly toys are perfect for stuffing into annoying rattles in the drinks cupboard etc while at sea. Always keep a few aboard.

My special mascot is Red Ted who's sailed with me on every major voyage. 25,000+ miles, he's planning on doing his Ocean Yachtmaster shortly.

romany123

Visit site
Re: Wussy? How dare you!

Here here....Pepper Ted even has is own e-mail address peper_ted@hotmail.com so he can keep in touch with all his mates scatered around the world. Lynette if red ted wants company on the course then Pepps is your bear.....He mainly navigates by the honey method we give him honey and he tells me where he has hid the GPS.
Dave

Dave