Marmaris Yat Marin

rjcoles

Visit site
Bit traumatic Sunday night the largest yacht in the marina (The One) caught fire and then set fire to the next superyacht (Barbie) who subsequently sank at her mooring!! We had to evacuate as the 50knt wind was blowing the toxic fumes horizontally and it was coming into our boat. Bit sad seeing the two write offs, all the other superyachts adjacent managed to get clear.
On an other topic anyone coming here soon? I need a small package of seals for my autopilot brought over as I do not trust the local post!!

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Bit traumatic Sunday night the largest yacht in the marina (The One) caught fire and then set fire to the next superyacht (Barbie) who subsequently sank at her mooring!! We had to evacuate as the 50knt wind was blowing the toxic fumes horizontally and it was coming into our boat. Bit sad seeing the two write offs, all the other superyachts adjacent managed to get clear.
On an other topic anyone coming here soon? I need a small package of seals for my autopilot brought over as I do not trust the local post!!

Did Barbie sink in the end?

We will be coming out in March for a weeks maintenance work - if you can wait that long I would be happy to bring them.

Yacht Carina - currently in the yards - somewhere

rjcoles

Visit site
Had a look at the carnage this morning, Barbie sunk and on her side, The One is now upright (she was listing badly). They still have a fire team on The One probably look to see how the fire started. All the superyachts on Lima pontoon have been moved and they have booms around the whole area.