Marmaris to Dalaman airport - cheaply?

houldsworth

Visit site
The last time we travelled to the airport it cost 75e and the taxi driver spent the whole time in the middle lane of the three lane roads! Then could not stop at a red light so had to accellerate through. Never again!
Can anyone recommend a safe and cheap way to do the journey.
We go out again in mid September and hope to reach the marina and return again safely!
Please help...

roam

Visit site
transfer info

also try http://www.koraltravel.com/
a friend used this recently to get from dalaman to orhaniye late at night. she said she was met promptly, the driver was polite and professional. all in all it was a good experience. i've just done a test booking, for 2 in a car its 22 gbp dalaman to marmaris marina.

Last edited:

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Hi Ya,

I use United Blue and its 12.50 sterling each way per person to the Tansas (Tesco) in the main town and about 16 to Yat Marine or catch a pink mini bus from outside the bank opposite the Tansas and go to Yat marine for 1 pound

GrahamP

Visit site
If one or two are travelling the Havas bus is in my opinion a good option. I used it from Marmaris to Dalaman this summer and was happy with the price and service. I think the main problem would be finding out a what times the buses leave the airport when you are heading for Marmaris.

The inter city bus station is on the outskirts of Marmaris, about a mile from the marina.

http://www.havas.net/en/otobus_dalaman.asp

marmarislover

Visit site
New in this forum, we use Dm transfers for private transfers from dalaman to marmaris yacht marina every season.I have no hesitation in recommending them, here is the link;

www.qxygene.net

Last edited:

houldsworth

Visit site
Thanks for the many different companies to choose from.
One question, do you usually book a car for your party or take the cheaper minibus option that can mean a wait? The minibus seems to hang around the airport till full. Not so much fun at 0300hrs arriving on the Pegasus flight!
Charles

marmarislover

Visit site
Thanks for the many different companies to choose from.
One question, do you usually book a car for your party or take the cheaper minibus option that can mean a wait? The minibus seems to hang around the airport till full. Not so much fun at 0300hrs arriving on the Pegasus flight!
Charles

Well,before we used this company,we tried cheap shuttle transfer,it was the first and last for us.We were at our hotel in around 4 hours. :(

On shuttle transfer,they combine different planes,also they make so much stops in Marmaris at different hotels as well..It is a real pain..

With private taxi or minibus you will be in your hotel in 90min..

houldsworth

Visit site
Thanks 'Marmarislover', that's what we thought may be the case with the shuttle transfers!
Will book a car for the two of us.
Anyone on the Pegasus flight arriving Dalaman 8th May at 3.30am want to share a car?
Charles

sailinginparadise

Visit site
Havas bus from dalaman airport to marmaris times

I'm arrive at 1600 on the 9 Aug. I wanted to catch the HAVAS bus to MArmaris but can't find a reservation or times has anyone tried this? ANy idea when they run? The phone is a Turkish recording. :confused:

[29051]

Visit site
It is not that simple, the times are not fixed. In theory they meet all Turkish airline domestic flights. There are about 5/7 buses per day. The fare is 25 TL. They leave from outside the international terminal immediately beyond the taxi stand. We got lucky last time and caught the Havas. I usually check the arrivals at Dalaman from Istanbul online the day before we travel, to see if there is any hope of a bus.

Otherwise the taxi to Dalaman is now about 37 TL (on a meter) despite being only a few minutes. From there the local buses run every half hour until about 9pm, and cost about 15 TL.

The only shuttle transfer we have tried was flyThomasCook. The service was awful, and we waited 2 hours for the bus. Others were there far longer.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
Marmaris Transfers

We've now used A2B Transfers three times for Dalaman, both from and to Marmaris Yat Marin. Cost was about £10 per person and we've never waited for more than about ten minutes; perhaps we were just lucky? We're heading back next month and will certainly be booking - straightforward, online - with them again.

marmaris2016

Visit site
Re: Marmaris Transfers

Booked private transfers online several weeks before we arrived after having read some positive reviews on tripadvisor about oyes transfers company and what can i say. We came out the airport and the driver was there waiting for us with a name board. Helped us to the car and drove us to the hotel - No fuss, No hassle. Trust me beats the coach transfer service of waiting around, hopping from one hotel to another etc.. especially after a night flight.On the return contacted "alper emengen" via facebook and Whatsapp to confirm return pickup date and time. Driver arrived a litle before the agreed time (happy days) saved waiting around in the lobby. Drove us to the airport bang on time and in comfort. Offered us cold bottled water as part of the journey.
The vehicles are great very VIP, clean and maintained. Albeit there was some confusion on the arrival as we got a stylish 6 seater instead of a even more stylish 4 seater. You do feel you deserve it..And its was only £70 return last year, This year if you check oyes dalaman airport transfers website you could see the price is £59 return.which is bargain
Online booking www.oyestransfer.com

akyaka

Visit site
The last time we travelled to the airport it cost 75e and the taxi driver spent the whole time in the middle lane of the three lane roads! Then could not stop at a red light so had to accellerate through. Never again!
Can anyone recommend a safe and cheap way to do the journey.
We go out again in mid September and hope to reach the marina and return again safely!
Please help...
Its now a dual carriageway with a central reservation all the way to Marmaris. At night at crossroads on main roads traffic lights are turned to flashing red so no one has priority and you can with go caution if clear. The Havus bus is cheap and reliable.