Marmaris - pricing

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
Hi folks,
I've just been in touch with Marmaris Yacht Harbour, asking prices for next winter.

This is what I've been told, for an 11m X 3.6m monohul:

4 months moorıng :697€
6 months moorıng :1045€

Electricity: 1kw:0,34€
Lift out : 1 ton: 2,5€

The mooring & lift out seems cheap, 'leccy pricey.

Had a few emails going back and forth asking questions I'd already answered (i.e. Cat or monohull twice, mooring / storage a few times) so not 100% sure they understood what we are, what we want etc......

Anyone know if this sounds about right?

Cheers

C.

DaiB

Visit site
Marmaris

Do not have access to my bills at present but roughly 2k euro for 12mx3.9m per 12 months afloat. 480 euro for out/in with up to a week ashore. 2009/2010 prices. 10% discount for CA/RYA included in above. Gives you a fair idea of the prices last year.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
I presume you mean Yat Marin not Netsel?

"Lift out : 1 ton: 2,5€" Should this have read water? If so your water/electrickery prices are right and the mooring fees look about right too.

The lift out charging structure is a bit wierd here though: We've had a twelve month contract this year and the 'extra over' for a lift/launch/2 months ashore was about €150. However, if we'd only lifted out for 3-4 weks as we would've preferred, then the cost would have been over €1100; nobody seems to know why the marina penalises short-term lifts.

pmyatt

Visit site
Do not have access to my bills at present but roughly 2k euro for 12mx3.9m per 12 months afloat. 480 euro for out/in with up to a week ashore. 2009/2010 prices. 10% discount for CA/RYA included in above. Gives you a fair idea of the prices last year.

Alanya electricity € 0.25 per unit in summer and € 0.15 in winter. Annual mooring for 11.55m X 3.6m about € 1440 before discounts - 2 year annual mooring attracts substantial discounts.

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I guess the water price now makes sense. Electricity is going to cost alot as we use those oil filled rads to keep the place warm and dry in winter. I reckon we'd be doubling the charges in power alone. Marmaris looks damn cold at night right now!

It's tough trying to find a marina that's cheap, good for dogs (re public transport) AND has lots of kids..............

C.

Last edited:

truscott

Visit site
You've just made me depressed. My bill at Netsel for a 12.2 Meter berth is twice that! The haul & launch are the same'ish though (EUR 487)

Cheers, PT.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
Dogs a problem

"...good for dogs (re public transport"

As of this winter, you can no longer take dogs on the Dolmus between Yat Marin and Marmaris - you can on all the others though - the suggestion is that this new rule is to keep the taxi drivers happy. So if you've a dog, your options are to walk 5miles, join one of the shared car hire groups, or fork out €12-15 each way for a taxi.

"the visitor passport is only valid for 90 days in 365. You'll have to get a resident visa if you want to stay longer."

Not true, Turkish visas (good for 90 days) can still be renewed just prior to expiry by leaving the country for a few hours - day trip to Rhodes - and re-entering.

Eurydice

Visit site
Dogs Marmaris

For what it is worth, as my input is now three years old. We arrived with the intention of staying in Marmaris with our Westie, one month in I was so upset with signs everywhere saying 'no dogs' (that weren't even allowed to pee on the little bits of garden that they did have in the concrete jungle) that we decided to pay a little bit more and spend winter in Kemer Marina. Was the best thing we ever did, town was lovely the marina safe even in the strongest winds and some lovely woodland to walk the dog. It was worth every penny of the extra, not to mention that the climate is a lot better there - when Marmaris was getting cold windy weather Kemer remained warm and sunny. The two years we were there we never had to wear a coat.

Sorry can't help with the children front there are so few of them around.

Bernie