MARINER MICRO 5 LOG SYSTEM

RUSSH

Visit site
I own a Cox Master Mariner motor sailer fitted with a Mariner Micro 5 log system which includes wind speed & direction, depth and log. It was manufactured by Mariner Electronics, Admirals Ct, Town Quay, Lymington who no longer exist. This is a circa 1980's piece of equipment. Mine is now defective and parts are unavailable. I would like to see it repaired.
Has anyone replaced such an item and has the old parts which I might be able to utilise for spares? Of particular need is the grey control unit for the printed circuit boards.
Here's hoping.

Russ.

Lillie.Parker

Visit site
Hi Russ,

just joined this forum but interested to see all these old posts about Mariner Electronics my grandads company in the 1970-1980s. Sadly the company had to close and the instruments just ceased to exist! Seems many people were once trying to find spares or repairs my grandad will be pleased that people wanted to fix the instruments not just replace them.

Frankklose

Visit site
I repaired mine last time in 1981. At this time two IC´s were not available anymore in 1981, therefore I had to use loose Ic´s and cemented them on the defect IC. My unit was build in 1976.....in the wind sensor and log they used reed contacts which will brake after end of warranty. Otherwise it was a nice instrument and hall sensors did not exist. The boat was sold at the end of the 80´s