Mariner 60 2 stroke- remove fuel connector permanently?

sparkie

Visit site
Hi all, the '06 Mariner 60 three cylinder2 stroke I inherited with my boat is a great engine, however it has a habit of disconnecting its fuel connector just at the most inconvenient time... The workshop manual recommends doing away with it in permanent installations and connecting a pipe straight through to the engine. However it doesn't go into any detail about how to do this and I'm a bit wary of interfering with the oil injector system in case I b.....r it up accidentally. Has anyone actually done this?? Cheers.

Refueler

Visit site
Pal of mine did this on his 40hp Johnson ... all he did was remove the keyed fuel connector and plate from front of engine ... fed in the fuel line and joined to the fuel line that was disconnected from the now removed fuel connector. Others I know have removed the short fuel line and replaced with the fuel line from tank all way to carb - reducing the number of joints.
As to Oil Injection - that should not be affected in any way as that is fed into the system after this connection.

Note - he kept the parts removed just in case he ever sold the engine.

sparkie

Visit site
Pal of mine did this on his 40hp Johnson ... all he did was remove the keyed fuel connector and plate from front of engine ... fed in the fuel line and joined to the fuel line that was disconnected from the now removed fuel connector. Others I know have removed the short fuel line and replaced with the fuel line from tank all way to carb - reducing the number of joints.
As to Oil Injection - that should not be affected in any way as that is fed into the system after this connection.

Note - he kept the parts removed just in case he ever sold the engine.
Thanks for that. Reassuring. I'll have a closer look at it now. Cheers!