Marine trimmers

BB1

Visit site
Probably been asked a thousand times, but any recommendations of reliable good quality marine trimmers to make a cover in the Henley/ Reading area?

Thanks.

zimbo

Visit site
Liam Sparks at Sparks Marine Trimmers
I'm moored at Hambleden Marina and he's regularly at the Marina on jobs. I will warn you however that last time I used him (last year) he was telling me his order book was overflowing, so you might have a long wait (months...), depending on how big or small your job is. I did get another couple of quotes, Googling suppliers nearer London, but they were happy to come over to the Marina to quote me. They also said there might be a long wait until they could do the job.

Reactions: BB1

CJL

Visit site
I can't recommend BoatyBits down in Poole enough.
They are regularly doing jobs on the Thames and will programme you in fairly soon.
The workmanship was very good and the prices sensible. They've now done several covers and upholstery jobs for me and friends.

Attachments

• -3hei8x.jpg
    -3hei8x.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201023_111802.jpg
    20201023_111802.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Chris_d

Visit site
Can't recommend anybody specifically but don't be afraid to go out of the Thames area to avoid Thames added tax. We used a Norfolk based company and were quoted £2300 for a full canopy, local Thames trimmer wanted £3600, couldn't fault the quality of the Norfolk outfit. Unfortunately they don't visit the Thames anymore. They might have been hounded out by the locals :(

Parabordi

Visit site
Probably been asked a thousand times, but any recommendations of reliable good quality marine trimmers to make a cover in the Henley/ Reading area?

Thanks.
Try C&J Marine Textiles, Chichester. Very very good.