Marine traffic

Tomahawk

Visit site
Cobra,
We can agree to differ and still be friends. That's the lovely thing about of the East Coast.

We agree that Dracula is not up to the job as a tug. From that, the harbour are playing fast and loose with safety. I think it is only a matter of time before it really goes belly up and a ship breaks her back unless they change the way they operate. My neighbour on the pontoon said of the EEMS Sea that she was almost totally out of control. That should never be allowed. I suggest if the issue of unsafe ship handling is resolved the present conflict between commercial and leisure is no longer a problem.

Cobra

Visit site
Cobra,
We can agree to differ and still be friends. That's the lovely thing about of the East Coast.

We agree that Dracula is not up to the job as a tug. From that, the harbour are playing fast and loose with safety. I think it is only a matter of time before it really goes belly up and a ship breaks her back unless they change the way they operate. My neighbour on the pontoon said of the EEMS Sea that she was almost totally out of control. That should never be allowed. I suggest if the issue of unsafe ship handling is resolved the present conflict between commercial and leisure is no longer a problem.
Precisely! I have no real axe to grind other than I don't want to see Brightlingsea lose it's commercial port and I likewise don't want to see the Millers lose out as they have invested a lot in their operation. There should be plenty of room for both businesses to not just survive but thrive!

As you say, that is the real beauty of the East Coast...it is a laid back area and we all manage to get along pretty well...well, with the exception of the Jet Ski's of the Romford Navy and they really do not count!!!