marine toilet how on earth

G

i have a simpson lawrence marine toilet. an sl 400 i think. how the hell does it work, does anyone know. i have an inlet and an outlet, a long chrome pumping handle, a desire to use the lavatory and thats it. do you open both seacocks then pump or one at a time or what. any help will be very gratefully recieved.

G

I've just bought a boat with an SL400 and had exactly the same problem. Open both seacocks. Push the handle to the left (you may have to push quite hard- mine had become very stiff through lack of use) and pump, while still holding the lever over. This will pump seawater in. The return the handle to its normal position and pump, inorder to pump it all out.

G

i think you may have saved my life and possibly my marriage.

G

If it still doesn't work then you may have scale blocking one of the pipes close to the seacock. That's what I found after I'd bought a new toilet. Roger.

G

cheers. i think it hasnt worked because i simply didnt know how to use it. i didnt realise the lever provided two functions.

G

Re: Might be a bit late...

went down saturday and tried it and it worked a dream, very impressed with it. i have pumpud the lever below horizontal and nothing untoward happened but i'll bear your advice in mind. cheers

G

Might be a bit late...

Do make sure that when you pump you do not push the lever below the horizontal position. I don't know what would happen if you do but that's what it says on the instructions fixed to the bulkhead of my Centaur. With what I paid for spare parts I'm not taking any chances!