marine teak in cornwall

djrussell0

Visit site
Hi All

does any one know of a good teak supplier in the Cornwall area, need some 60mm x 16mm strake and poss some 4mm teak board if not to pricey.

also any one used a good substitute for teak veneer.

thanks in advance

halcyon

Visit site
Hi All

does any one know of a good teak supplier in the Cornwall area, need some 60mm x 16mm strake and poss some 4mm teak board if not to pricey.

also any one used a good substitute for teak veneer.

thanks in advance

You can try Woodstock up on Tregoniggie Industrial Estate, Falmouth :01326 370020, they used to be at Ponsharden now Ldl store.

Brian

robertj

Visit site
I doubt Woodstock will supply as teak seems too special for them.
Try rustler yachts or cockwells they might help.

FWB

N/A
Visit site
I bought some very good quality teak from Woodstock a few years ago. I thought they had closed down, are they back up in Tregoniggie then?

KevO

Visit site
I bought some very good quality teak from Woodstock a few years ago. I thought they had closed down, are they back up in Tregoniggie then?

Yes, been there for quite some time now. Extremely helpful in my experience.

djrussell0

Visit site
Many thanks guys

will give Woodstock and Moody a Ring

any thoughts on teak sheet alternative, did think about just a good marine ply with stain and varnish. don't trust my wood work at over £160 a sheet for teak.

need for coach roof lining, but there is a fibre glass roof behind so it only hides the holes for roof fittings. may look as some sort of fabric

Cheers Dave

robertj

Visit site
I stand corrected but when sourcing teak capping they couldn't supply, that was three years ago. So all changed now for the better by the look of it.

halcyon

Visit site
I stand corrected but when sourcing teak capping they couldn't supply, that was three years ago. So all changed now for the better by the look of it.

You may be right and still not get a teak capping as they are a timber yard, supplying raw timber, though the world changes, sometimes slowly.

Brian

sailorman

Visit site
Many thanks guys

will give Woodstock and Moody a Ring

any thoughts on teak sheet alternative, did think about just a good marine ply with stain and varnish. don't trust my wood work at over £160 a sheet for teak.

need for coach roof lining, but there is a fibre glass roof behind so it only hides the holes for roof fittings. may look as some sort of fabric

Cheers Dave

sent pm

djrussell0

Visit site
quick update, saw a old thread recommending K J Howells, Wow cant believe how help full these guys were.

48hrs later a machined piece of teak delivered at a very reasonable price.

many thanks Dave