Marine servicing

Sneds

Visit site
Yesterday, I contacted three differant companies to get a price on lifting my boat, antifouling it, servicing the two outdrives and re launching it.
No one has come back to me yet ..... looking to spend a load of money.......... if this was a car I bet I would have 3 quotes by now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Andy - Ok with the diesels but legs are a mystery to me (the boat type that is!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kelvin - not a bad idea! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MyMobo - waiting for an answer from Cambrian (Marine Village?) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Got a quote on labour charges and an idea of how long it will take from **** No full quote yet.
I rang Volspec, who serviced the engines and legs when the boat was at Essex Boatyards in Sept 2007, bloke there (Volspec) instantly told me all the bits I would need and how much they would all cost.
Wish they would open a branch in this vacinity - we also need a Sealift like the one at Cowes.

Rant over!

Thanks for listening/reading /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Time for another beer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike_S

Visit site
Sneds I booked ours in for an engine / leg service last week with Westpoint, earliest slot I could get was for this Thursday and that's with them coming down to CBYC to pull the leg off and take it back to the new workshop. They're pretty busy atm by the looks of things.

Still recommend them highly though, this new lift they have access to seems to have made them busier it has to be said.

Sneds

Visit site
Thanks Mike

They have given me a price and are able to fit in with my time scale.
Have been talking to Advance Marine in Portishead, they work out a bit cheaper and its closer to home.

Cheers

Mike_S

Visit site
No worries

As is the norm, they've discovered an extra job required on ours today whilst removing the leg (all the bellows have perished), so that's any ideas of putting her in the water this weekend blown. Still, rather that than droppping her in and having to fish her off the bottom a few hours later.

Other threads that may be of interest