Marine Ressource center / Barcaldine Marine (in scotland)

grobigben

Visit site
I am a french sailor from Britanny and have planned to leave my boat on scottisch west coast next winter.

So I booked ashore at Barcaldine Marine (good price and well located for me). But, 2 weeks ago, a scottisch guy told me that Barcaldine was about to close (or to be restructurated).

Does someone know something about it?

Thanks,
Benoit

Bitterend

Visit site
I'm informed (I hope reliably) by my brother who used to work there that the site will close as a moorings and boat storage facility and be used exclusively by vessels / trucks etc engaged in fish farming support which is already ongoing at the site. He didn't give me any timescale for the closure of yacht facilities.

magdalena

Visit site
Yes, it is closing as of October 31st. A great pity as it was not too expensive, had good facilities and a great location. Magdalena has been here for a few years -boat owners were told be letter a couple of weeks ago.

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
I am a french sailor from Britanny and have planned to leave my boat on scottisch west coast next winter.

So I booked ashore at Barcaldine Marine (good price and well located for me). But, 2 weeks ago, a scottisch guy told me that Barcaldine was about to close (or to be restructurated).

Does someone know something about it?

Thanks,
Benoit

Lochinver now have a boat hoist. They can also take masts down & have plenty of hard standing with electricity.

Other threads that may be of interest