Marine Electrician in Plymouth

stranded

Visit site
I have finally decided, after 6 years of crossed fingers, that I need to figure out how my electrical system works - I cannot diy: I appear to be electrickery blind - believe me, I have tried and tried but it makes no sense to me, so I am giving up. So I am looking for an articulate clued up electrician in the Plymouth area who I might be able to hire for a day (probably after the spring rush, to sketch out the system for me and go through the options - specifically, best way to charge three battery banks from one alternator. At the moment I run the genny to charge the house bank as it gets very little from the engine. And god knows how the bowrhruster and windlass battery works, though it does.

skipper021

Visit site
You could try Francis Morris - FM Marine Services, Fran works with a colleague called Martin who is quite good on electrics. Fran's number is 07745 284569.

Another local (Plymouth/SW Devon) contact for electrics is Andrew Still - AM Marine, his number is 07855 767117

If you use Facebook, there is a useful group/forum for electrical questions, search for '12 volts boating group' On this forum there is also a 'Files' section with basic 12v DC circuit drawings and lots of other stuff, very useful!
Good luck!

stranded

Visit site
Thanks Skipper, I’ll give them a call - there’s no point me looking at drawings - I really do have some form of electricity dyslexia! I’m going down tonight to babysit the boat through tomorrow’s storm so I am going to use the time to do a bit of digging around and at least try to catalogue all the components in the oh so complicated system.