marine diesel tax

G

if dear mr Brown put marine diesel up to car prices i.e. added lots of tax! would this
A: increase the value of my petrol boat to that of an equivelant diesel boat
B: decrease diesel boat down to my level
C: stay about the same?

what i would really like is for him to create cheap marine petrol (dream on!)

Chris_d

Visit site
Cheap marine petrol, you've been on the happy pills. As I understand it the price of diesel will be harmonised with the EU in about 7 years, but that will still mean diesel will be cheaper than petrol, judging by current prices in France.
So I don't think there will be any change in the relative pricing of petrol and diesel
boats, given that diesel will always have a economy advantage, and will be more efficient for larger boats above say 35ft, the status quo will remain.
Generaly though the overall cost of boating will be increased, so fast boats in general may come down in price, there maybe a trend to economical displacement
boats.
Perhaps Sunseeker might offer a single diesel option!

Questor

Visit site
We bought our current Targa in 2001. The first fill up cost me just over a hundred quid. And that was for 500 odd litres at 19p per litre.

Chi to Cherbourg and back for £80.00. Happy days!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

We bought our current Targa in 2001. The first fill up cost me just over a hundred quid. And that was for 500 odd litres at 19p per litre.

Chi to Cherbourg and back for £80.00. Happy days!
15p/litre from Mr Diesel in 2001 was the least I ever paid. Anyone know what happened to them? Delightful couple