Marinas near Bayona

dina

Visit site
We are looking for somewhere to leave our boat for 5 weeks in June/July, near to Bayona. Any recomendations? Have heard Bayona can be very crowded and mixed reports about its friendliness. Don't want to go much further north, does anyone know about Sangenjo orAguete in Ria de Pontevedra? Could go to Vigo? Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

AndrewB

Visit site
Portosin?

Worth trying Portosin. Not as attractive as Bayonna or Muros, but a good modern marina, usually a few free places, well run, friendly, decent security. There's been a few Brit boats left there when I've visited. Slightly off the beaten track, but there is a regular bus service to Santiago de Compostella from right outside the marina.

ccscott49

Visit site
I beleive there is now a new marina actually in Bayona. Might be worth finding out. I find Bayona very friendly. Las Camarinas, has a pontoon with the yacht club, they are very friendly and accomadating.

janetp

Visit site
I don't recomend Vigo - not very friendly capitainerie and not much room for visitors(got the feeling they didn't encourage them) If you're put in the normal visitor place bows or stern to on the outer marina wall, security may be a problem if leaving boat for a few weeks. (Ideal if you need repairs/parts - which is how we came to experience it - and the city is worth a visit)
Found Portosin very friendly and helpful - and they are used to looking after English reg. yachts whilst crew fly in and out of Santiaga.
Camarinas also v. friendly but limited space on pontoon and quite a way from Bayona.
If you don't make it round the corner in time there's always La Coruna - either of the clubs would fit the bill.

JanetP