Marinas in the Canary Islands

Bodach

Visit site
If you wanted to leave a 40 foot yacht in the Canaries from September to January, which marinas are the safest options?

veshengro

Visit site
I can comment on Marina Rubicon at Playa Blanca on Lanzarote, having spent a few months there waiting for the Hurricanes to behave before crossing to the Leewards. I found it well protected and don't recall any weather related problems between early September and mid December when I sailed for Las Palmas to store up. I do remember everything covered in fine sand one morning due to unusual wind and weather bringing sand from the African Coast, other than that I enjoyed my stay there.
Just an additional note. I think it was about early October time when the first of ARC boats arrived and berths became a bit limited for anyone arriving after that time. Once the rally boats left for Las Palmas, berths became available again.

capnsensible

Visit site
Most are! Problem is getting booked in. Very busy in September, October and November.

Any of the 3 Lanzarote marinas. My favourite, Marina Rubicon.

Fuertaventura haven't got much. Mebbe in Rosario, the capital or Morro Jable.

Gran Canaria, Las Palmas will be wedged. May get a place in Puerto Mogan.

Tenerife. Best bet, marina San Miguel near South airport.

La Palma. Tazacorte on west side. Not many spare berths. Santa Cruz, east side is a bit dank.

La Gomera. San Sebastian will be full until early December.

El Hierro......nowhere.

Key is to book early. A date can be slipped a bit once you are booked.

Good luck. Any questions, do shout.

Last edited: