marinas full???

ianainge

Visit site
Why is is it when you phone up the marinas theres always a waiting list.i walked into Mercury Yacht Haven on the Hamble yesterday and had a choice of 5 berths for my 32 footer, same at Hamble Marina.

ianainge

Visit site
Re:pls clarify

Thats how it happened Matt a phone call 2 weeks prior sorry no space. i was doing my ICC out of there with Sealine sea school yesterday walked in the harbour office posed the question "i know im wasting my time but " answer no problem .

davel

Visit site

MDL's leasing year runs from April to March. Invitations to renew your berth usually arrive on the doorstep late Jan/ Early Feb. There must be a proportion who don't so I guess timing is key. Ring in Feb, they have a waiting list, a few weeks later they know whose not renewing, empty the waiting list and have a few berths left over. Two weeks later it's all full again.

Above is guesswork after the first two sentances.

Dave L.

BarryD

Visit site

Also I think that if you show up or are ready to deal on the phone there and then you can jump the waiting list pretty easily. We were told that Chichester was full when we were initally looking around - then I phoned up and said we need a berth contract that starts yesterday? And they said fine contracts in the post cost is £2,400 or something like that...

It helps to be ready to accept straightaway I guess.

And a sub 10m boat doesn't hurt either <G>

Barry D.

IMHO & FWIW, NWGOI.