Marina trolley, with lights

sarabande

Visit site
Excellent condition, one careful owner, low mileage. Starboard light not working. Also , some villain has nicked the wheels. Otherwise in perfect condition, and ready for use next year.

S Claus.

zoidberg

Visit site
It can now be affirmed that Liverpool Marina, having confirmed its provenance as one of their vintage 'Special Editions', are quite happy to concede its freedom 'to a good home'. They remind prospective new owners that it was originally intended to replace the rickety 'fin de siecle' Asda supermarket trolley that was chained to the top of the old lock gates as a replacement channel marker - hence the original Red Light, which was 'borrowed' from a nearby Sailors' R&R establishment - and the red paint in which it was decorated was actually remaindered anti-foul....

It was immortalised in song as the subject of a traditional Merseyside shanty, well known to those early participants in the Irish Sea Race, as 'Three Wheels On My Trolley, I'm Just Rollin' Along...." and was also the subject to a Banksy graphic by the rear of the Liver Building which was surgically removed, soot and all, sometime last century and sold to a wealthy Arab collector of European folk art to decorate his 'vernacular English pub' built into a sand dune near Al Ain Oasis Hotel - 'For the long distance drinker of brown ales'.

The actual original trolley may require an export licence from the MinAgFish, or DEFRA, or The Arts Council..... or all three.

mersey

Visit site
It can now be affirmed that Liverpool Marina, having confirmed its provenance as one of their vintage 'Special Editions', are quite happy to concede its freedom 'to a good home'. They remind prospective new owners that it was originally intended to replace the rickety 'fin de siecle' Asda supermarket trolley that was chained to the top of the old lock gates as a replacement channel marker - hence the original Red Light, which was 'borrowed' from a nearby Sailors' R&R establishment - and the red paint in which it was decorated was actually remaindered anti-foul....

It was immortalised in song as the subject of a traditional Merseyside shanty, well known to those early participants in the Irish Sea Race, as 'Three Wheels On My Trolley, I'm Just Rollin' Along...." and was also the subject to a Banksy graphic by the rear of the Liver Building which was surgically removed, soot and all, sometime last century and sold to a wealthy Arab collector of European folk art to decorate his 'vernacular English pub' built into a sand dune near Al Ain Oasis Hotel - 'For the long distance drinker of brown ales'.

:sleeping:

Cheap humor preying on stereotypes of Merseysiders and Arabs, yawn.