Marina Prices

johnt

Visit site
Heard a good one today ...im in the North east

We all know that they charge an arm and a leg in the Solent 'cos its a sellers market ! ........... But up here they cant fill Marina's!.........so they charge an arm and a leg anyway BECAUSE they cant fill them ! ..........erm can someone run that by me again !.........is that ......screw the ones youve got?

<hr width=100% size=1>

burgundyben

Visit site
they cant fill marinas down here either. contary to popular belief, loads of space on the Hamble,

<hr width=100% size=1>Sod the Healey - I think I'll buy an E-Type.

Ivy

Visit site
They charge stupid prices because there is always someone stupid enough to pay.
If they can get it they will, I can't blame them, only the fool and his or her money that are easily parted.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
Re: now you\'re talking sense...

Never mind the E type. I've got an immaculate Stag that I've had since 79. Done 35k miles from new. Have moved back to bikes so the Satg is for sale to the right person. Interested?

<hr width=100% size=1>

burgundyben

Visit site
Re: now you\'re talking sense...

NO.

Sorry, cant stand them. Got Rover P6 bumper over riders and Allegro door handles.

tcm

Visit site
Re: ah but

the s1 uses switchgear from a mini, and has the same seat upholstery as a park bench.

A modern-day top value machine is a Citroen CX turbo II, which can land smoothly after taking off over humpback bridges. Worth a test drive anyway. Or a 3litre XM, which takes speed bumps at 50mph.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
Re: Where?

I'd love to know where you mean - there weren't any last time I asked round (a year or so back)

<hr width=100% size=1>

burgundyben

Visit site

Mercury, Hamble Point, Port Hamble, Deacons, Warsash Ferry company, HRSC, visitors moorings can be used long term, there is space at all these places.

I will dispell this myth if it kills me.

bedouin

Visit site

Thanks - I think I might do a bit more phoning round (for next season of course)

<hr width=100% size=1>

richardandtracy

Visit site
Speed Bumps at only 50?

Take 'em at top speed in that luxury vehicle, the Citroen 2CV. They don't make 'em like that any more..

No comparison with anything else is possible. The perfect ride.. The POWER of that 4 valve engine.. The sniggers of overtaking cyclists..

Regards

Richard

<hr width=100% size=1>

chriscallender

Visit site

Partly the myth may come about because marinas tend to have vacancies for a particular size range - most of these places you mention were "full" a couple of years ago to my old 6.7m boat ... "full" I suspect being more polite than saying "we do have a 15 metre berth available but we're not willing to let you fill 1/3 of it when we might get more income from putting 15 metre visitors in there"

I do know what you mean about it being a myth though - for instance there was a sign in Mercury Marina office saying that they had a limited number of berths available for this year.

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>