Marina Price comparison - International

Irish Rover

Visit site
There have been a number of threads about marina prices recently and I thought it would be interesting for some of us to share information on what we're paying.
I'm in Setur Marina in Kuşadası, Türkiye. My boat is a catamaran 13 x 6.72M. In Türkiye, most if not all marinas charge by the M² - LOA X Beam. 95% of the berths are stern-to on floating pontoons - no finger jetties and packed in tight.
I have 25% discount, because I've been a customer in the marina since God was a boy, so I'll quote my gross rate before discount which is €15,460. If you want to compare, that works out at €177 per M².
Water, electricity and lift out are all extra, and eye wateringly expensive.

Tranona

Visit site
You are into "how long is a piece of string" or how many different varieties of Haribos are there.

There are so many different factors both between countries and within that make any sort of comparison of value only to those making a choice between countries or marinas within a country. Charges by area occupied are actually rare (even though that is how I pay). The most common are by length (either nominal or actual) with or without a surcharge for multihull, or berth size. The highest prices are in desirable locations where there is a shortage of supply and the lowest in remote places that have empty berths.

Just to throw a few examples in. Look at the thread on MOBO about Salterns a marina local to me. I estimate you would pay double your current rate to berth there, and similar in some desirable SofF marinas. two miles away from Salterns I pay just over £2k for my 10.3m boat, but our club owns the marina (and some members still bitch about the prices). France, particularly the west coast is typically half the price of UK south coast, although this difference has narrowed as more people moved their boats there because of the lower prices.

So basic supply and demand determines general price levels, but other variables can affect differences within a particular geographic area.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Port Leucate, South of France for
1) catamaran, 600 Euros + 66 euros/m^2
2) monohull, 600 euros + 71 euros/m^2.
3) a boat of historic interest, 600 euros + 15 euros/m^2.

What counts is the length on the registration certificate. In my case this was 15.3m vs 20.0m real length overall with the bowsprit.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Port Leucate, South of France for
1) catamaran, 600 Euros + 66 euros/m^2
2) monohull, 600 euros + 71 euros/m^2.
3) a boat of historic interest, 600 euros + 15 euros/m^2.

What counts is the length on the registration certificate. In my case this was 15.3m vs 20.0m real length overall with the bowsprit.
€6,365 for my boat as opposed to €15,460 in Kuşadası. No cheating where I am. They measure every boat individually.

Sailing steve

Visit site
Marinas will charge whatever they can get away with.

If they can fill every berth they've got at £400/m then that's what the price is, and that price as no relation to how much or how little that berth costs them to provide and maintain.

I'm sure the one I somewhat reluctantly use would charge for the air I breathe and the sunlight that falls on my solar panels whilst I'm there if they could find a means of measuring it...

Irish Rover

Visit site
Marinas will charge whatever they can get away with.

If they can fill every berth they've got at £400/m then that's what the price is, and that price as no relation to how much or how little that berth costs them to provide and maintain.

I'm sure the one I somewhat reluctantly use would charge for the air I breathe and the sunlight that falls on my solar panels whilst I'm there if they could find a means of measuring it...
Thanks. I think we all know these things and that it's a matter of supply and demand as alluded to earlier. My hope in starting the thread was to get an idea of actual rates being paid in different marinas around Europe and beyond.

srm

Visit site
35ft, registered length, monohull (plus platform bowsprit and Monitor windvane not charged). Annual fee paid in advance (Nov to Oct) including water, electricity, garbage collection, 928.99 Euro. Marina da Praia da Vitoria.
However, this is Azores residents' rate, visitors and none-residents will be charged on a different scale with discounts for longer stays. Marina is owned and run by the municipality and prices are set so that locals can afford to use it. It could become a problem politically if local boat owners were priced out to fill the place with foreign owned boats. Most of the boats that lift out for the winter are none-resident owned.

Bouba

Visit site
Also the length of time differs…I don’t know how many here are on a yearly contract….most have a daily rate or you own a long term lease

Metalicmike

Visit site
I am in Amarilla golf, Tenerife I paid 3800 euro in advance for 15% discount for a finger pontoon for my 10mx3.5m Hustler. Water and Electric is included gates and bathrooms are on keycard. there is engineering services and lift out but no shore storage area.

srm

Visit site
My annual contract - post #8 above also includes up to one month ashore during the winter. (Shore storage only available Sept to June). Lift out/in and power while ashore is extra. There is a washing off bay with drainage for hull cleaning while in the travel hoist. My last lift out was Friday afternoon to Monday morning with boat left in the slings in the wash off bay for routine hull/prop/anode cleaning/maintenance. Also, avoided the cost of setting up and hire of stands.

Refueler

Visit site
11.4m x 3m Cruiser racer ... water and electric included 80 euros per month.

7.8m x 2.8m Motor sailer ... water and electric included 56 euros per month... discounted price due to being on shore in 'quiet spot' ... if moved to main area or into water - then 80 euros per month as a standard rate.

Fee is same whether baltic moor bow to, alongside pontoon or onshore with / without cradle summer / winter.

Lift is 80 euros per lift ...

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Many variants indeed.

Our marina is in Denmark (Baltics side) protection Class A, has some 650 berths on pontoons or bridges - all between poles. Only a few options for boats wider than 4 m.

Prices are by m2, tariffs are decided by berth length (and widths vary)

Tariff 01: 7.50 m spaces per m2 of water area per year €23.00
Tariff 02: 10.00 and 11.00 m spaces per m2 of water area per year €26.00
Tariff 03: 12.00-24.00 m spaces per m2 of water area per year €28.00

Prices include winter storage on the hard (no time limit within the paid term). Power at cost, water included. If you want to put your boat on the hard, the marina standard stands are mandatory and have to be rented:

3 tonnes = € 74 per year
6 tonnes = € 94 per year
12 tonnes = €120 per year
18 tonnes = € 187 per year
Add € 34 per year for extra legs if the boat is to be with a mast mounted.

Lift out/in is € 62 each way. If hanging in the Travelift for >20 min. and then put back in, you pay only once.

Note: Prices are for berth holders only. Non berth holders pay more.. e.g. Visitors pay € 189 instead of € 62 for a lift.

Last edited:

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Shade over €7k for LOA 13.7m and beam 4.39m .... Marina Funtana in Croatia. In Marina Veruda and Punat Marina it would be €8k ... price lists avaliable online for both marinas. Tried asking for a long term customer discount in Veruda and a referral discount - both flatly refused. Supply and demand. Only got the berth in Funtana because the boat was already berthed there and I was able to take it over. There are no cats in the marina.