Marina dock by night

MapisM

Visit site
Tonight, while coming back onboard after a late dinner, I spotted a rather impressive landscape.
Well, not so impressive by Cannes standards maybe, but remarkable for a small village in a small island of an island... :D
Just to give an idea of the proportions, the first boat on the right is a not too shabby Maiora 27!
0xhM8A3V_o.jpg

AndieMac

Visit site
Nice pic indeed P, was it taken from further along the break-water/arm section where E has his Portofino? Trying to work the angles out. Some big chunks of floating realestate there :)

Is Bart back in yet, or still in transit?

MapisM

Visit site
was it taken from further along the break-water/arm section where E has his Portofino?
Exactly. As you might remember, further down that break-water section there's a floating pontoon, which is right in front of (and parallel to) the main dock.
And yep, another eminent Belgian family just arrived in CF, onboard BA.
We are getting used to that after the visit of AlPa, you know... :cool:

Summer. Wine

Visit site
I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat! Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
Nice pic. Incidentally Summer Wine returns to the water today after having winter maintenance including a stunning replacement of the finish on the coamings. All ready for your next visit.

scubaman

Visit site
Hmm, so your berth would be to the right of this pic, right?

Impressive line-up indeed. Looks to have been a pretty calm night.

Please say hi to B & E for me.

AndieMac

Visit site
I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat! Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
Nice pic. Incidentally Summer Wine returns to the water today after having winter maintenance including a stunning replacement of the finish on the coamings. All ready for your next visit.

Not at all D, this island has plenty of similar sized wooden boats, but the quay pictured is for the big stuff.
This place definitely needs to be on your bucket list as a destination though!

MapisM

Visit site
I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat!
Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
Naah, your fine vessel would be welcome anytime, D.
Btw, while it would always be a pleasure for us to catch up again down under, you know it's your turn to come to this neck of the woods.
Of course it's a long and boring trip, but if Aussies can tackle it (AndieMac), Kiwis can't back down! :D

PS: ref. SW, why don't you post some pics of those new coamings? I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in finding them interesting! :encouragement:

AndieMac

Visit site
Exactly. As you might remember, further down that break-water section there's a floating pontoon, which is right in front of (and parallel to) the main dock.
And yep, another eminent Belgian family just arrived in CF, onboard BA.
We are getting used to that after the visit of AlPa, you know... :cool:

I forwarded the pic to the boys, they were really impressed by the quality image, but then really annoyed at being reminded what they are missing out on ;)

MapisM

Visit site
Hmm, so your berth would be to the right of this pic, right?
Not now, actually.
I mean, yes, last winter we were moored in that area - exactly where the Maiora 27 is in the previous pic.
But our "summer berth" is now along a floating dock, outside the pic on the left side, and perpendicular to the main dock.
We like it better because, on top of being a bit quieter, allows us to deploy the manual passerelle between the swim platform and the dock, which allows a much more convenient passage also for some of our friends who are old enough to appreciate not having to make any steps up and down...
...Something that we also like TBH, particularly after some CF style dinner! :rolleyes:

terranova

Visit site
Great photo - I hadn’t realised that it was a haven for big hitters !

I look forward to visiting (as a little hitter) in a week or so :encouragement:

Last edited:

scubaman

Visit site
Not now, actually.
I mean, yes, last winter we were moored in that area - exactly where the Maiora 27 is in the previous pic.
But our "summer berth" is now along a floating dock, outside the pic on the left side, and perpendicular to the main dock.
We like it better because, on top of being a bit quieter, allows us to deploy the manual passerelle between the swim platform and the dock, which allows a much more convenient passage also for some of our friends who are old enough to appreciate not having to make any steps up and down...
...Something that we also like TBH, particularly after some CF style dinner! :rolleyes:

Ok, I think I'm with you now, I probably stood on one of those pontoons while flying the drone.

We had such a good time there.

It is a very nice picture, btw :encouragement:

MapisM

Visit site
I look forward to visiting (as a little hitter) in a week or so
Glad to offer you a welcome drink! Just drop me a pm when you'll know your arrival date.

PS: I'm not sure I'd call your boat little, btw. Am I right in remembering she's a Prin F62?

MapisM

Visit site
I probably stood on one of those pontoons while flying the drone.
Yup, I didn't think to explain it that way, but that's exactly the spot from where the above pic was taken.

Glad to hear that you still have nice memories of your time in CF.
You know that you'd always be welcome back, anyway!
And not only because I'd love to have another video of yours made from our new boat... :rolleyes:
Really, just say when, if you can.
Btw, the last time you were here in Oct: just in case that might suit your agenda again, I can already confirm you that we will be here till mid of Nov. :encouragement:

terranova

Visit site
Glad to offer you a welcome drink! Just drop me a pm when you'll know your arrival date.

PS: I'm not sure I'd call your boat little, btw. Am I right in remembering she's a Prin F62?

Thanks, will do.

Yes, an F62. We are travelling with a couple of friends on a Sq 58 too.

scubaman

Visit site
Yup, I didn't think to explain it that way, but that's exactly the spot from where the above pic was taken.

Glad to hear that you still have nice memories of your time in CF.
You know that you'd always be welcome back, anyway!
And not only because I'd love to have another video of yours made from our new boat... :rolleyes:
Really, just say when, if you can.
Btw, the last time you were here in Oct: just in case that might suit your agenda again, I can already confirm you that we will be here till mid of Nov. :encouragement:

Thank you for the very kind offer. We would love to come, but it will have to be on another occasion. During the October school holiday we have a cruise lined up. Hope to be able to take you up on that offer some day., though. And if we do, you can count on me bringin the drone, I wouldn’t miss the opportunity to fly it in such beautiful surroundings for the world.

MapisM

Visit site
'Salright K, goes without saying that the offer doesn't have any expiration date! :encouragement: