Marex for the coast?

Cashbuyer

Visit site
Marex Consul 7.7 (28feet), single 75hp turbo Yanmar. 6-10 knots comfortably, 15 knots at a push.
Any good for coastal hopping around The Solent? Basically same hull as 280 Holiday. Owner has coastal experience, Day Skipper etc.
What do you boys and girls think. Pretty safe boat or a bad idea?
Normally a Fair weather sailor and is aware of his and boat's limitations.

rafiki_

Visit site
I have no personal experience of this boat, but Marex have a fine rep for build and seakeeping. I can't see why it would not make a good Solent boat.

wolf

trerophy.weebly.com
Marex Consul 7.7 (28feet), single 75hp turbo Yanmar. 6-10 knots comfortably, 15 knots at a push.
Any good for coastal hopping around The Solent? Basically same hull as 280 Holiday. Owner has coastal experience, Day Skipper etc.
What do you boys and girls think. Pretty safe boat or a bad idea?
Normally a Fair weather sailor and is aware of his and boat's limitations.

Which model are you looking at 77, 770 or 277 I have a 77 holiday had her for 18 months costal use no problem.
Smaller engine 55hp 10 knots befor being laden down for cruising, based in Newlyn if you want to know more PM me.
Des.

ionian

Visit site
Sailed ours from w.scotland to thames (holiday) ok but ride can get a bit uncomfortable at times after a yacht.

I would check your speed figures, our 160 hp gives max 13 kn but is well loaded

rgds ionian

Kawasaki

Visit site
Not a bad idea Cashbuyer
Use your Dazed Kipper qualls and check weather etc, want you don't want with that type of vessel is wind against tide. She will slam into a short sharp chop, I know from experience!