Manual for Volvo Engine

G

Gludy try Volspec at Tollesbury 08007314824, its a freephone no,as they are repair agents as well as parts they may photocopy one for you or they may have stock, although last time I wanted Tamd41 manual the failed at the first post, they are excellent for parts service and you can get discount, just mention trade,fishing boats etc, hows the 385 coming on?.

Paul J S.

G

If you are still looking for a TAMD41 manual, I can copy one if you want. I have both the shaft and outdrive versions for 41a's also the workshop manual which shows you how to dismantle i.e. reduce your engine to scrap iron in roughly 40 easy pages.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Byron, if its not hundreds of pages I will be pleased to send you a photocopy of THE KNOWLEDGE.
Even though I only plan to do all my own first line maintainance, I would like to know as much as I can about the engines ... I wonder how many forum members have the workshop manuals for their engines?

Paul

G

Don't count on the manuals looking like the Haynes manuals you get from Halfords on various cars. I have the workshop manual for TAMD41a's and basically its about 40/50 pages showing how to disassemble the engine. The owners manual has a bit more on rountine maintenance but in terms of helping you to understand what might be ailing your engine they are next to useless.

In addition to these I can recommend a book called Marine Inboard Engines (a MBM tomb) by Loris Goring and published by Adlard Coles. It was much more useful.

Nick

KevL

Visit site
Haynes manual

Surely if they are nothing like a Haynes manual that can't ba a bad thing - can it?

Haynes: Rotate anticlockwise.
Translation: Clamp with mole grips then beat
repeatedly with hammer anticlockwise. 

Haynes: This is a snug fit.
Translation: You will skin your knuckles!

Haynes: This is a tight fit.
Translation: Not a hope in hell matey!

Haynes: As described in Chapter 7...
Translation: That'll teach you not to read through
before you start; now you are looking at scary photos
of the inside of a gearbox.

There are lots more! If anyone's interested I'll e-mail off list. After all this isn't supposed to be alt.rec.humour.

Sorry if this snippet offended anyone

Kev