Making sense of Greek

newtothis

Visit site
In fact it's more common in a tavern to say.... ένα κιλό κόκκινο κρασί παρακαλώ (despite the fact that litre is the correct word!)
What has always impressed me is that you can ask for wine in any of about eight European languages and the polyglot waiters will understand you.

dgadee

Visit site
Thanks for elightenment. I am the worst linguist ever, but will try to concentrate at the back of the class.

Davy_S

Visit site
In fact it's more common in a tavern to say.... ένα κιλό κόκκινο κρασί παρακαλώ (despite the fact that litre is the correct word!)
Odd really, just thinking about what you said, if i want half a litre, i always ask for a miso kilo, so i contradict myself and mix litre and kilo , the end result is the same:)

SandyP

Visit site
Odd really, just thinking about what you said, if i want half a litre, i always ask for a miso kilo, so i contradict myself and mix litre and kilo , the end result is the same:)

Because a litre weighs one kilo
Ενδαχι?

jordanbasset

Visit site
Remember being told by the owner of the family restaurant in Sivota that when ordering white or red wine at a bar/restaurant that there was no need to include the word wine as what else would you be asking for when you say 'half a kilo of white (or red)'
So for us it was just 'miso kilo aspro'

SandyP

Visit site
Remember being told by the owner of the family restaurant in Sivota that when ordering white or red wine at a bar/restaurant that there was no need to include the word wine as what else would you be asking for when you say 'half a kilo of white (or red)'
So for us it was just 'miso kilo aspro'

Don't do it here, you might get diesel