Lyme Regis - Yacht Ashore

Alfie168

Visit site
Glad they got the boat off OK. I can be found swimming most years close to the point she went aground, but not this year unfortunately.

I saw this one aground in Concarneau in June. The channel was clear and not rough.IMG_20230614_125440194.jpg

Pete7

Visit site
Towed the Nic to the pontoons
That's a bit of a surprise with a deep keel. We touch bottom on a Spring tide tide on the end of the pontoons with 1.20m draft. In fact we dried out for a couple of hours. The gentle waves were breaking on the sand under the bow with stern facing out to sea. Okay its neaps at the moment, but still close.

Pleased they managed to get her off though. Weather looks horrible in LR this morning and another big yacht bouncing around on the pontoons.

Last edited:

Shuggy

Visit site
That does look like a Nic 43. Does anyone know if that is Oberon? She has two headsails, a blue sprayhood and an alloy vang. Only asking because (a) I’ve got a Nic 43, (b) there are only 22 left, and (c) I’ve been on Oberon. Hope the boat is ok regardless of which one it is. My wife has been on 6 of the remaining 22 so between us we’re quite emotionally invested in them.

WF36

Visit site
That does look like a Nic 43. Does anyone know if that is Oberon? She has two headsails, a blue sprayhood and an alloy vang. Only asking because (a) I’ve got a Nic 43, (b) there are only 22 left, and (c) I’ve been on Oberon. Hope the boat is ok regardless of which one it is. My wife has been on 6 of the remaining 22 so between us we’re quite emotionally invested in them.
Yes it is, used to moored at Levington on the Orwell.