luxury yachts re-fit

FRONA

Visit site
Hey Guys,
who is able to tell me where or how to find a shipbuilding and maintenance site where yachts of 50 -60 m can be kept, refurbished and all that? thankx!

jfm

Visit site
Re: 50-60m is big

Right. Your captain will know. But, among many others, there are yards that will do this in

Palma (some say qwality less good)
West side of Italy (Viareggio and up/down from there, as far up as Genoa)
SofFrance maybe (not sure where - your boat is too wide for Antibes and G-Juan facilities)
Southampton (Elephant, Vosper, etc)
NZ and Aus
SAfrica
USA
Netherlands
Germany (via Rhine)

but you need to book now if you want a couple of months on one of these slips this winter. you can book space for 30-40m now, but the 50-60m facilities (if you want to slip the boat) are rarer and so need to book now. If you dont want to slip it, then easier

FRONA

Visit site

Thanks so much for your reply.
Actually, I dont own the boat but am undertaking research on the "biggest" repair, refurbish and storage sites (companies) as part of a project we are doing in Croatia:) The problem is that on the net there are so many repair sites/companies that are mostly quite small. I thought I would ask the experts in the field. Hope its not a problem ( but I wish I had a yacht though:))..... It would be very helpful if you had some names for me....

Thanks so much in advance!

jfm

Visit site
Croatia.......

......seems to be massively up and coming for superyachts. The SofF berths are all full and skippers are having to make 500 Euro... ahem payments to get berths. I was with a Camper Nicholsons charter lady last week and she is telling her superyacht owner clients that if they will put their boats in Croatia for the summer she can provide charter clients for all available weeks. I wd think therefore that there will be massive invesmtent in marinas and repair yards for superyachts over the next few years? Praps it's already happening issit?

G

Hi FRONA
would always use PINMAR sa their head office is in Barcelona. They have one of the largest undercover slips around (this side of Japan/Korea)

Speak to Nick Tringham on mobile 630 887338 or e;-mail ypd@pinmar.com.
or telephone their head office in Barcelona +34 932214454
Hope this helps
Rob

tcm

Visit site
Re: wot?

run that by me again - if the superyachts stay in croatia in summer, then they can ge loads of charter? Do u mean if they putem there in WINTER? Or are there lots of dodgy war crims near croatia who are up for $100k-$200k a week summer charter in croatia, including luxurious trips ashore to eat dumplings for lunch (and dinner and breakfast)?