Lowrance iFinder Go

Slow_boat

My own cosy little world where nice things happen
Visit site
Pages 53/54 related to editing a waypoint but I think you have to have the waypoint in there already to edit it. The instructions don't seem to match the readout on the gps display anyway

I've never been much of a one for gadgets. It took me three days to figure out how to get rid of the warning screen and into the lat and long screen!

Perhaps I'll just forget about these toys and carry on with compass and guesswork. They've served me well for many years, do I really want to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century?

Sinbad2222

Visit site
You will have to get a waypoint in to start. To do so:
Select Advanced Mode
Scroll to the map page
Press ENT twice which will save the crosswires position as your first waypoint.
You can now edit this waypoint to make the one you want:
Press FIND
Scroll down to My Waypoints
Press ENT three times to get to Waypoint Information
Scroll across entering all the information about your waypoint
Press ENT (which doubles as SAVE)
Job done
No doubt other forumites will suggest a better way!
I find the Lowrance logic much inferior to the Garmin - the actual plotters are poorly designed as well.
Good luck

pvb

Visit site
You are joking, aren\'t you?

[ QUOTE ]
No doubt other forumites will suggest a better way!

[/ QUOTE ]Dylan has already provided the answer - it's in the manual. Your suggestion is bizarre; why would anyone enter the current position and then mess about editing it to get a waypoint? The manual is quite clear, just move the cursor to where you want the waypoint, then press ENT twice. Is that so much more difficult than Garmin's method?

Sinbad2222

Visit site
Re: You are joking, aren\'t you?

He want's to enter waypoints, like most people, from an almanac or a pilot.
The instuction book is not very clear on that - I should know, I bought an Ifinder h20 a couple of weeks ago.
It's a good idea to put your brain in gear before rushing in with unhelpful and abusive posts.

FWB

N/A
Visit site

Entering waypoints from an almanac or pilot is one way but "thinking outside the box" by putting the cursor over places on the chart you can put the waypoints where you can see them instantly. This is another, and some people might think better way of doing this.
The actual Lat/Long is somewhat irrelevant, they are just numbers---you could use any reference eg National Grid. What you actually want is the spot on the chart.
This is meant to be of help and is not intended as criticism of the original idea.

pvb

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
He want's to enter waypoints, like most people, from an almanac or a pilot.
The instuction book is not very clear on that - I should know, I bought an Ifinder h20 a couple of weeks ago.
It's a good idea to put your brain in gear before rushing in with unhelpful and abusive posts.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Slow_boat

My own cosy little world where nice things happen
Visit site

Well, my 'thinking outside the box' idea is to use the centre of the compass rose as a waypoint then pin a bit of thread there. Bearing and distance to waypoint can then be easily measured off, quicker and easier than plotting lat and long!

If only I could figure how to get the damn waypoint into the box of silicon tricks in the first place.........

FWB

N/A
Visit site

You create the waypoint by putting the cursor over the desired spot and double clicking-ie enter twice.

pvb

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
You create the waypoint by putting the cursor over the desired spot and double clicking-ie enter twice.

[/ QUOTE ]Quite right, as I posted over 2 hours ago. Don't think these people understand RTFM.

FWB

N/A
Visit site

Why do you want Lat/Long ?? you will have to check the position is correct by looking at the chart. So look at the chart first, put the cursor over the spot you want and press enter twice. Who cares what the numbers are? It's the spot on the chart that is important ie the bit you can see, the numbers are just numbers.

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
It isn't mentioned in the manual.

Make sure you have the map showing and press Enter. You should see a screen titled "Create Waypoint". Use the down arrow to highlight "Entered Pos" and select it with the Enter key.

You actually go to the "Edit Waypoint" screen so follow the manual to edit the lat/long. It won't let you leave anything as a "-" you'll have to change it to a zero. Once you've done that bit and hit "Exit" it'll go to a page with the waypint details on it.

It automatically gives the waypoint the next free 3 figure number, e.g. 021 as the waypoint name. At the bottom of this page there's a highlighted action which will sho "Goto". Use the left/right arrows to scroll through until you see "Edit Name" then select that with the Enter key. Then start the laborious process of putting in the name of it.

One bit that threw me for ages was the co-ordinate selection. It doesn't default to Degrees, Minutes ad Seconds. Also I couldn't find WGS 84 as a datum so I've used WGS 72. Given that I consider it a good piece of navigation if I get the right country this probably isn't too much of an issue /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope you've got good eyesight as well. I nearly ended up using a magnifying glass at one point. Shout again if you can't make it work and I'll try and explain better.

Geoff