Lower Thames River Moorings

LeonF

Visit site
Gravesend Sailing Club has a limited number of swinging moorings available on the Lower Thames. Great sailing area either upriver of downriver and for access to the East Coast and River Medway and Kentish Creeks and the Swale. Friendly club with social events. 24 hours access and tidal pontoon. £550 a year plus membership, no joining or allocation fee. Moorings are maintained by the PLA, mooring holders provide their own mooring lines.
Sailing club | Gravesend Sailing Club | England

Keith 66

Visit site
Interesting indeed but with all the river traffic very rolly poly, we spent a night there once & nearly got rolled out our bunks all night long. The poxiest place to spend the night i have ever visited.

xyachtdave

Visit site
Interesting indeed but with all the river traffic very rolly poly, we spent a night there once & nearly got rolled out our bunks all night long. The poxiest place to spend the night i have ever visited.

I guess we’re all different, I enjoyed it.

LeonF

Visit site
Are there any visitor moorings?
Hi Dee Bee. We used to have a designated visitor mooring but with the high cost of moorings the club was no longer able to offer one. You're welcome to pick up a free mooring but if intending to leave your boat on the mooring and go into the town etc it's best to check with the club in case someone is planning to return soon. For anyone who hasn't visited Gravesend Sailing Club in say the last ten years, we now have a half tide pontoon so scaling the ladders on the hard isn't essential. If the clubhouse is open and a committee member is around to open the bar you'd be welcome to use our facilities. We don't charge to use our moorings but a donation to the club or RNLI would always be welcome. Yes it can be roly poly overnight on a river mooring, and a lot will depend on your boat, but at springs there is always the option to go into the Gravesend Basin at HW.

Other threads that may be of interest